PDA

View Full Version : Colorado brian freeze

Illurian00
July 10, 2010, 10:18
"WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - Admitted thieves are going free, while an elderly Wheat Ridge man is facing the possibility of spending the rest of his life behind bars, all, he says, for trying to defend his property and his life."

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-theives-free-victim-arrested-txt,0,231586.story

xcpd69
July 10, 2010, 11:10
And now, as they say, the rest of the story. News release from investigating PD clarifies the events somewhat.

Trailer Theft Incident (http://www.kdvr.com/media/acrobat/2010-07/54863431.pdf)

L Haney
July 10, 2010, 12:06
Still doesn't address why they frose Brian.

brunop
July 10, 2010, 12:08
They froze him, too.

L Haney
July 10, 2010, 12:32
Originally posted by brunop
They froze him, too.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

V guy
July 10, 2010, 15:28
Lets see, taco eating illegal alien steals a trailer to live in, with his 15 children that are on the way up from the Sonoran Desert.

Owner of trailer trys to stop robbery and fires at scumbags.
Letter of law seems to have been followed, as I read it.

Question #1: Where did the illegals steal the red ford truck?
Question #2: How long did it take to clean the truck up for the next heist?
Question #3: Did the illegals have to steal another truck when this one was confiscated by the cops?
Question #4: Since they are not going to prosecute the theives, do they get to keep the trailer too?

The dispute seems to be whether the trailer is worth one felon's pain and misery, while they take the bullet out of his face.

I'll bet it was a nicer trailer and worth maybe two, two and a half.

Obama is the criminal here for encouraging this crime wave to begin with.

martin35
July 10, 2010, 21:27
In Texas lethal force is legal in defense of loss of life or injury and property,,, but evidently it is not in Colorado.
I don't use a shot gun very much and it would not be my weapon of choice.

STGThndr
July 11, 2010, 13:28
well that's just incredible. Considering the "time" the defendant faces, he might as well have shot them both DEAD and saved society at large a lot of potential trouble. A pity.

wyatt earp
July 11, 2010, 14:58
As much as you chest thumping guys would hate to admit the trailer owner was in the wrong. He fired on the thieves (obvious scum) when they were driving away....meaning his life was not in danger. He let his emotions get the better of him and screwed up.

martin35
July 11, 2010, 16:14
In Texas I can shoot a escaping thief in any mode I find him in to prevent a theft of my own or another's property. Two Mexican illegals in east Houston were seen leaving a home owners neighboring house and failed to stop when ordred, the observing neighbor shot both men dead, he was no-billed as every homicide must be adjudicated in Texas. The old dude is being bleeding heart railroaded.

Right Side Up
July 11, 2010, 18:58
It's too bad that *if* a thief can grab someone's stuff really really quick and get his back to the victim he is protected by the force of law. :rolleyes:

Sad state of affairs.

God Bless Texas.

Mattrico
July 11, 2010, 20:51
Sorry to tell you, wyatt, but YOU are the one who is wrong.

I don't give a rodent's red ass what the letter of the law says. The old man was well within his natural rights to defend his property with any force necessary.

I have worked hard for everything I have. Nobody gave me any of it, and I am not about to let some scumbag take it from me. If somebody tries to steal it, they will have about one second to drop it and hit the ground if I catch them doing it. Then I will end all their problems forever.

In some states thats legal. In some it isn't. But every man with a pair on this planet knows that it is RIGHT.

Rant off.

Sailor553
July 11, 2010, 21:57
Wonder why the old guy didn't tell the first cop that he had shot at that red truck's passenger window?

Right Side Up
July 11, 2010, 22:21
He probably figured he missed and didn't want to be charged with discharge of a firearm.

Sailor553
July 12, 2010, 07:16
What I was thinking - he missed as they were driving away. Good thing he shot a fleeing passenger and not some sleeping child down the street. Two shots and one bullet hole? Twelve felony counts. Wassup wit dat?;)