PDA

View Full Version : WaPo - Obama's CEO problem -- and ours

JohnnyMac
July 05, 2010, 08:36
An interesting piece by Fareed Zakaria about how some of the "progressive" business leaders are now very wary of Obama's agenda.

Obama's CEO problem -- and ours (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/04/AR2010070403856.html?hpid=opinionsbox1)

The Business Roundtable, which had supported the Obama administration, has begun to complain about the myriad laws and regulations being cooked up in Washington.

Most of the business leaders I spoke to had voted for Barack Obama. They still admire him. Those who had met him thought he was unusually smart. But all think he is, at his core, anti-business. When I asked for specifics, they pointed to the fact that Obama has no business executives in his Cabinet, that he rarely consults with CEOs (except for photo ops), that he has almost no private-sector experience, that he's made clear he thinks government and nonprofit work are superior to the private sector. It all added up to a profound sense of distrust.

JMc

RG Coburn
July 05, 2010, 08:57
What exactly did expect from somebody who has never owned or ran a business,nor ever really even held a real productive job?

juanni
July 05, 2010, 09:41
he rarely consults with CEOs

hmmmmmm........ he meets with the bankers all the time.

Wonder what that means? :eek:

.............juanni

one hand clapping
July 05, 2010, 11:53
I believe he is a enemy agent who has been groomed for this position for most of his life.
The funny thing is --- I don't think he knows it !!!

He's the perfect "oswald" --the target -America -our values--freedoms -our military power / deterence - our production facilities/ industries.

The Russians and Chicoms are laughing all the way to global finnacial domination.
While the global bigshots take us down [ just finishing up a thirty year plan]

Their boy will get the blame,. This sets the stage for the dictator they have always wanted.
Let us not forget that his #1 advisor is one of the Izzie's best mossad operators.
When did it become national policy to allow citizens/solders from other countries to be in our national security structure?
Rom serves the Izzies before us and pulls Barry's strings.

Oh and forget the birth certificate issue, just answer me this ----Where did the pretender and thief file his NAME CHANGE papers? which court ? When one files such a request , the petitioner must post the filing in a public paper for three weeks so anyone who has a interest can get a heads up someone is changing their name.There would have to be a newspaper with that filing in it somewhere to prove the name change request was filed. Then a court date entry and judges order . These are public records he shouldn't be able to seal.It is public knowledge that at one time "His" legal name was Barry Satoro, so how did he LEGALLY get on a ballot as Barak Obamay for senate in ILL without a formal name change? Falseifying election documents [such as using a AKA instead of your legal name] is fraud. A feloney if Federal I believe.

This reminds me of "animal farm" - where we are all equal.
Its just that some are MORE equal than others.

OHC

2barearms
July 05, 2010, 16:49
Looks like big business is trying to suffocate Obama till the Midterms
hopefully neutralize his demonic agenda and bring some semblance
of 'fairness' back to the game. It appears that John Galt is in firm
control. If they are truly sitting on 1.8 trillion in cash on the balance
sheet they will certainly spend it to get rid of him. I'd watch for the
Hugo maneuvers to begin soon.

He and his thugs in the bureaucracy are tormenting the business community
to the point many are just firing the employees and waiting out the regime.
I've got several friends who've been harassed by OSHA and instead of
helping them correct safety issues they just wrote tickets and they were
for thousands of dollars for very minor infractions. They aren't there to
make the work place safer, they are there to extract money to pay for
a failed regime.

"The Federal Reserve recently reported that America's 500 largest nonfinancial companies have accumulated an astonishing $1.8 trillion of cash on their balance sheets. By any calculation (for example, as a percentage of assets), this is higher than it has been in almost half a century. Yet most corporations are not spending this money on new plants, equipment or workers. Were they to loosen their purse strings, hundreds of billions of dollars would start pouring through the economy. These investments would probably have greater effect and staying power than a government stimulus."