PDA

View Full Version : First hand observation on Gulf oil

cpd109
July 01, 2010, 06:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVShXDsGD0I

Seems genuine to me. I have been reading about evacuations from the Gulf shore for a while now and if what the speaker says is accurate, it should happen.

Standy by with blood pressure meds if you watch this. While you can. It may get pulled... like the others she talks about.

And if that didn't make you sick enough, here's their website.

http://GulfEmergencySummit.org

CG&L
July 01, 2010, 08:50
I work 50 miles NW of the spill and am involved in the clean-up as a spot job
The wind and seas has been blowing out of the SE for several days now. There is very little in the way of oil. Light sheens but no oil slick

What little I saw of the video is pure bullshit. Those fish you see in the video are "Hard Tails". They are a surface fish(bait fish) that travel in huge schools. The idea that they are gasping for air is pure bullshit. The idea that a little oil sheen will kill them off is bullshit.

The idea that the oil will kill off huge amounts of marsh is pure bullshit. The marsh is fed by fresh/brackish water an borders the Gulf(saltwater). There will be some contamination along the border but the oil will not last long with sunlight and bacteria

Yesterday a ship came in called the "Whale". This ship is maybe 1,200 ft long and 200 ft a-beam and is designed for oil spill clean-up. It had to go to New Orleans for some kind of EPA check and will be on location site in a few days.
This ship could have been at the spill within the first week but Odummy and the EPA could not let that happen

Oil and natural gas have been bubbling out of the ground on its own for the last 10,000 years in this area. It's called the mud lumps and yes the mud lumps are in the marsh just 55 miles from the BP spill

And please, no bullshit opinions. I'm at work right now just 50 miles from the spill and take boat into the Gulf many times a day. On Monday I will be directly involved with nothing but oil clean-up in the Brenton Soud area(where the video was shot)

DP
July 01, 2010, 11:31
The amount of BS that spews daily from the Obama administration far exceeds the damages done by any spill in the Gulf!!! Hopefully in the next election round we can put a cap on that and slow it down!!!

DP

martin35
July 01, 2010, 11:50
Lack of response from start until now seems the culprit most guilty for the amount of damaged being done, all the collaborators are a continuing study in stupid,,, there's no cure. Dumb and Dumber save the G.O.M.

John Culver
July 01, 2010, 17:02
Originally posted by CaptainJ

Yesterday a ship came in called the "Whale". This ship is maybe 1,200 ft long and 200 ft a-beam and is designed for oil spill clean-up. It had to go to New Orleans for some kind of EPA check and will be on location site in a few days.
This ship could have been at the spill within the first week but Odummy and the EPA could not let that happen

EPA so far has not given the 'A Whale' an exemption

since it leaves a few parts per million of oil in the water, the EPA does not want to approve its use, and so far is just having it sit

martin35
July 01, 2010, 17:15
Isn't it a amazing demonstration of governmental efficiency?
Maybe free Government Health Care is going to work this well.

one hand clapping
July 03, 2010, 12:53
It already does if your a VETERAN !

CG&L
July 03, 2010, 17:11
John Culver

"A Whale" crossed-in(entered the jetties of South West Pass) at 0830 hrs on 6-30-2010. I was there. I boarded the ship

The ship went to an anchorage at Fort Jackson(this I cannot confirm as I was not there) to take on some American crew. This was some type of Union deal that Obullshit came up with. The ship's captain and a few mates were able to stay on the ship but the crew have been replaced with an American crew

"A Whale" crossed-out(departed the SW Pass) at 0925 hrs on 7-2-2010. I was there, again.

"A Whale" has an over-board discharge of 1% oil. EPA regs require a discharge of .000015%. A waiver was given for A Whale

A Whale should have been on location by approx 1300 hrs on 7-2-2010(I was not on the ship)

http://

CG&L
July 03, 2010, 18:45
Those slits aft of the bow are much lager than they appear. This is where the oil/water mixture is sucked up. The ship will ballast until the slits are at water level.
The ship usually works in conjunction with tug boats towing containment booms but can work alone using its bow thruster

martin35
July 03, 2010, 22:59
Is the seperation done by centrifuge, filter or both? A very timely vehicle that will make it's owners a few American dollars.

aardq
July 04, 2010, 01:00
the "Whale". This ship is maybe 1,200 ft long and 200 ft a-beam and is designed for oil spill clean-up. This ship could have been at the spill within the first week but Odummy and the EPA could not let that happen

Not quite true. The ship wasn't designed for clean up, but was converted only after the spill began. It came here straight from the shipyard that converted it so it couldn't have been here any sooner. Now, the EPA issues are another matter.

Dan

dbl-haul
July 04, 2010, 15:33

cpd109
July 04, 2010, 18:44
I was at Destin this weekend. The beach was crowded, no smell of oil, no sign of oil. Hope it stays that way. Red flags were out, but the wind was blowing from SE and the oil is to the SW.

John Culver
July 08, 2010, 15:19
Originally posted by CaptainJ
John Culver

"A Whale" crossed-in(entered the jetties of South West Pass) at 0830 hrs on 6-30-2010. I was there. I boarded the ship

The ship went to an anchorage at Fort Jackson(this I cannot confirm as I was not there) to take on some American crew. This was some type of Union deal that Obullshit came up with. The ship's captain and a few mates were able to stay on the ship but the crew have been replaced with an American crew

"A Whale" crossed-out(departed the SW Pass) at 0925 hrs on 7-2-2010. I was there, again.

"A Whale" has an over-board discharge of 1% oil. EPA regs require a discharge of .000015%. A waiver was given for A Whale

A Whale should have been on location by approx 1300 hrs on 7-2-2010(I was not on the ship)

As of today the 'A Whale' is still in mandatory EPA testing phase, and will be for another estimated week.

maxhush
July 08, 2010, 16:10
Okay, now speaking of stupid regulations, since when is 100% contaminated sea water better than 1% contaminated? Anything that removes any oil would seem like a good thing....99% removal sounds pretty miraculous and the EPA ("emission" no doubt) regs sound so idiotically and inflexibly bureaucratic that my brain does a double backflip just trying to wrap around when this might have been considered a good idea....these guys would never reach the banana hanging from the ceiling with a room full of wooden boxes to stack. Reagan was more than right, more government is the problem, not the solution.

martin35
July 08, 2010, 16:15
As of today the 'A Whale' is still in mandatory EPA testing phase, and will be for another estimated week.
Bureaucrats say "a bureaucracy is a terrible thing to waste."

cpd109
July 08, 2010, 21:50
Originally posted by maxhush
Okay, now speaking of stupid regulations, since when is 100% contaminated sea water better than 1% contaminated? Anything that removes any oil would seem like a good thing....99% removal sounds pretty miraculous and the EPA ("emission" no doubt) regs sound so idiotically and inflexibly bureaucratic that my brain does a double backflip just trying to wrap around when this might have been considered a good

Since they have their heads up their collective a$$es, OR they are told to do this by the Barry Gang. I agree, it makes absolutly no sense and my BS meter is pegged out.

martin35
July 08, 2010, 22:12
BP anounces they will try to kill the well on July 27 and the government overseer Adm Allen says don't believe anything unless I tell it to you, sounds very bureaucratic and Obamaesq. I think Allen retired to get the big bucks for the same job he was doing for less as a USCG officer.

101ABN327
July 09, 2010, 12:22
Originally posted by one hand clapping
It already does if your a VETERAN !

Never been to VA, have you?

cpd109
July 09, 2010, 21:57
My boss lady said she's on a boat from Destin to P'cola to check out the Blue Angels airshow this weekend and would give me an update. I'll report back when I hear from her. I did mention to her that the likelyhood of finding tarballs would increase as she got closer to P'cola. Wonder if she will remember.....

cpd109
July 09, 2010, 22:15
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/obama-and-the-spill-what-was-he-thinking_07092010

This is pretty clearly put.... I don't think Barry likes questions that are not soft though.

def90
July 21, 2010, 13:30
An interesting thought on the whole spill. While any spill is a very bad event has this spill really been that bad? I have seen videos of some of the oil reaching shore early on but so far I have seen very few pics or video of the mass destruction that was surely to happen..

PBS has a "Flow Meter" on their website that shows how much oil has been spilled up to now. Seeing that no one really can pinpoint the exact number of gallons you can move the slider based on different estimates to see how much total oil has escaped into the ocean.

Flow Meter:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/oil-ticker/

So far based on DOE estimates 92 million gallons have been lost. If you go by BP's worst case scenario the total would have been just under 183 million gallons.

The newest Ultra Large Crude Carriers that have been in service since 2002 are capable of carrying 3.166 million barrels of oil or 174 million gallons of oil.

Based on the DOE estimate slightly more than half of one of these tankers has leaked into the ocean over a 5 month period and based on BP worst case estimates slightly more than one tanker has leaked into the ocean over the last 5 months..

martin35
July 21, 2010, 14:05
Our history shows no other comparable spill like this or the after effects, most forecasts except BP's are probably worst case scenarios, that's the wise way to plan for a unknown in my opinion.
I would propose that the well be confiscated for negligent behavior and the proceeds be used to mitigate future events of this type, there are clauses in lease contracts that allow for certain revisions of rights.
I'm startin' to develop a pain in my maximus glutemus from all this crap that needs financial attention and restitution.

cpd109
July 21, 2010, 21:43
Originally posted by cpd109
My boss lady said she's on a boat from Destin to P'cola to check out the Blue Angels airshow this weekend and would give me an update. I'll report back when I hear from her. I did mention to her that the likelyhood of finding tarballs would increase as she got closer to P'cola. Wonder if she will remember.....

She said she stayed on the intercoastal waterway and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

John Culver
July 22, 2010, 00:33
Cleanup crews are now saying they are having a hard time finding more oil to actually clean up

Warm, moving water + bacteria, seems to be doing an ok job removing the natural oil from the water/

martin35
July 22, 2010, 13:14
Warm, moving water + bacteria, seems to be doing an ok job removing the natural oil from the water/
BP might ask for their money back if the oil won't wait to be skimmed or scooped..