PDA

View Full Version : Things are heating up around Iran

cpd109
June 30, 2010, 12:07
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/g-8-fully-believes-israel-will-attack-iran-says-italy-pm-1.298597

I found some other articles similar in nature. One said a 3rd carrier was in the area, but it's a helo carrier I think. Another one said Iran had US soldiers in 10 countries around Iran.

I'm really surprised it would take this long. But since Iran will go critical (nuclear style) in Aug/Sep, they can't sit on the pot much longer.

I will predict now that the world will condem Israel and privately breathe a sigh of relief.

martin35
July 01, 2010, 17:08
The restraint shown by Israel to date might be different with any change in their threat perception.
The world failed the Jews and they paid a terrible price in the 1930's, they won't experience that without reply again.

Munster30
July 02, 2010, 16:13
Originally posted by cpd109
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/g-8-fully-believes-israel-will-attack-iran-says-italy-pm-1.298597

I will predict now that the world will condem Israel and privately breathe a sigh of relief. It's all the Joos fault dontcha know.

Blackmore
July 02, 2010, 18:06
Originally posted by martin35
The restraint shown by Israel to date might be different with any change in their threat perception.
The world failed the Jews and they paid a terrible price in the 1930's, they won't experience that without reply again.

I think Netanyahu has concluded that since Obam-bam hates Israel anyways, WTF, there's really nothing to lose at this point. Relations can be no worse. He'll go "all in" if he has to.

martin35
July 02, 2010, 18:39
As a soldier, diplomat and statesman Netanyahu has seen his foe for what they are not what he would like them to be, he is not popular with the pacifist in Israel.

Bama Steve
July 02, 2010, 22:24
It always heats up in and around Iran this time of year.

Give it a few months, things will cool-down.

Trust me . . .

martin35
July 02, 2010, 22:57
Give it a few months, things will cool-down.
When events reach critical mass those who will be most affected tend to act. The Jews are affected.

Bama Steve
July 02, 2010, 23:07
Martin,

Do you not think the action you suggest would "Cool-off" Iran?

Just asking . . .

:biggrin:

Deltaten
July 03, 2010, 09:46
Hmmmm...

Half-life and all that?? Give it 50,000 years or so; it'll cool off some :D

one hand clapping
July 03, 2010, 12:48
Mabey they'll hit the military sites with big nukes, but use nutron warheads for the population centers/oil fields. Can't see them damaging financial/oil assets they might get their hands on some day if it comes to all out war...