gates
June 29, 2010, 18:23
were getting close...

mitchellh
June 29, 2010, 19:55
I hope not, I need two more years for preps.:fal:

MtnWulf
June 29, 2010, 19:57
I, like many others, have been watching the show progress.

I, like many others, can't figure out what is keeping the show going other than, maybe, momentum.

So, if the fireworks are about to start, good.

Independence Day is just around the corner, maybe we should think hard about what it means.

renaissance_warrior
June 29, 2010, 20:06
There is no money to be made on short positions (that are still LEGAL??WTF) because the whole short side of the market is grossly overpriced this week, and for good reason. Even the Spinmeisters won't have an easy answer Friday. The housing construction numbers are a harbinger. Add in, that new car sales buying demand (as polled of prospective buyers) is at the lowest number since the poll started in 1967 when we were King of the World on cars.

TheOtherChris
June 29, 2010, 21:10
Yeah, today's ECB auction (FAIL) will be coming to a sovereign debt near you.

Cue up Jim Morrison

"This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes...again
Can you picture what will be
So limitless and free
Desperately in need...of some...stranger's hand
In a...desperate land
Lost in a Roman...wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
All the children are insane
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah"

2barearms
June 29, 2010, 21:29
My money's on Ben, he's going to fire up the presses and flood
the street with a foot of Benjamins.

gates
June 29, 2010, 23:20
Mitchell - you better step it up bro - you don't have 2 years - you will be damn lucky to have 6 months till the mkt melts again (likely quite a bit sooner) - what happens then is anyones guess - maybe nothing, everyone will be watching football - or maybe not...

gates
June 29, 2010, 23:23
BTW in addition to what Mark (RW) said the bond market is screaming deflation - we just wasted $3 TRILLION tax dollars in a failed attempt to stop a deflationary credit collapse - good goin Ben.

juanni
June 30, 2010, 08:04
Originally posted by gates
BTW in addition to what Mark (RW) said the bond market is screaming deflation - we just wasted $3 TRILLION tax dollars in a failed attempt to stop a deflationary credit collapse - good goin Ben.

All is not lost, at least the Banker's got their bonuses. :rolleyes:

..................juanni

cpd109
June 30, 2010, 11:59
As my history teacher, Mr Clifford, used to remark, it's later than you think.

http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?id=132688&sectionid=3510213

What next?

gates
June 30, 2010, 16:56
got gold? and no - im not kidding - AT ALL.

juanni
June 30, 2010, 17:22
Originally posted by 2barearms

Are you betting your current 98% devalued money or Ben's hyperinflated future butt wipe money? :tongue:

...............juanni

Gary Harwell
June 30, 2010, 17:45
A little more fuel to watch the bonfire by...nothing new, just MSM takng notice

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2010/06/national-debt-soars-to-highest-level-since-wwii/1

Jun 30, 2010
National debt soars to highest level since WWII
12:22 PM
Yahoo! Buzz
ShareE-mailSavePrint

15Comments
1Recommend
The federal debt will represent 62% of the nation's economy by the end of this year, the highest percentage since just after World War II, according to a long-term budget outlook released today by the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office.

For more detail on the report, check out this post in USA TODAY's The Oval.

Republicans, who have been talking a lot about the debt in recent months, pounced on the report. "The driver of this debt is spending," said New Hampshire Sen. Judd Gregg, the top Republican on the Senate Budget Committee. "Our existing debt will be worsened by the president's new health care entitlement programs…as well as an explosion in existing health care and retirement entitlement spending as the Baby Boomers retire."

At the end of 2008, the debt equaled about 40 % of the nation's annual economic output, according to the CBO.

The report comes as the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform meets today. The group, created by President Obama, is expected to issue recommendations in December to curb the debt – a point Democrats raised today.

The CBO report "reinforces the importance of the work being done right now by the president's fiscal commission," said Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D., who chairs the Senate Budget Committee. "We simply cannot allow the federal debt to explode as envisioned under CBO's projections. The economic security of the country and the quality of life for our children and grandchildren are at stake."

renaissance_warrior
June 30, 2010, 18:22
They Empy Suit is so far in over his head, it is painful to witness. I will give Slick Wille credit where credit is due, he understood economics better than most presidents since Reagan.

W.E.G.
June 30, 2010, 18:24
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/humor/obama.jpg

renaissance_warrior
June 30, 2010, 18:29
Well I just lost my appetite, lol. Who is that fugly mofo? :rofl:

2barearms
June 30, 2010, 20:17
Originally posted by renaissance_warrior
They Empy Suit is so far in over his head, it is painful to witness. I will give Slick Wille credit where credit is due, he understood economics better than most presidents since Reagan.

You mean the ''it's the economy stupid'' thing. I for one don't want to
live thru another meltdown, been there and lived thru that. If we're going
to do that shit again it had better be to the bitter end with a clear and
decisive winner.

cpd109
June 30, 2010, 21:13

I don't have any. First off, I can't get wifey convinced it's going to hold it's value, in spite of doing so for all known history involving people.
Secondly, it has gotten so expensive, I can't afford it.

Crap. I guess I'm shit out of luck. Whaaah!

gates
June 30, 2010, 21:22
buy some junk silver - everyone can afford that. you can also get fractional gold like 20 franc frence or swiss coins - not quite 1/5 oz each. I wouldnt buy any until you had the whole food/water/guns/ammo 6 months cash on hand things covered first - I know it seems like alot but weve been talking about this for what? 2 years? at this point you just kinda do what you can - hell nothing may happen but its better to have and not need then the other way around - YMMV

L1A1rocker
June 30, 2010, 22:17
Originally posted by 2barearms

They've already been caught doing this. It had to do with creating money through the TARP program IIRC. They basicly created money with the keystoke of a computer.

I can see this already happening covertly but yeah, this is what they are going to do.

L1A1rocker
June 30, 2010, 22:18

I convinced my folks to start buying at the 1000 dollar mark. I wish they had bought a lot more back then but at least it's something.

davesrb
June 30, 2010, 22:52
Couldn't afford much gold, so I invested in other metals...mainly 308 and 9mm.

I am afraid it will have been a wise decision...

Davesrb

evan price
July 01, 2010, 03:07
I'm investing in canned goods, toilet paper, whiskey and shotguns.
So far they are holding their value nicely.

bakerjw
July 01, 2010, 05:12
Be sure to add some long term dried goods (beans, rice, pasta). A cheap investment to ward off hunger and allow you to live a low profile for quite a while.

100# of rice $35.00
3 5-gallon buckets with lids $15.00
1 Gallon ziploc bags for storing $5.00

Pretty cheap for a lot of food there.

davesrb
July 01, 2010, 08:42
I'm afraid that on a diet of rice and beans it would be impossible for me to maintain a low profile! But it might be a good line of defense....

Davesrb

bykerhd
July 01, 2010, 11:18
Actually, putting the population on a rice and beans diet might help solve the energy crisis.

Capturing the methane can be challenging but could result in a whole new series of reality shows. "Farting With the Stars ", "The Deadliest Helping", etc.:wink: Oprah, etc. could have whole segments on the proper methods of dealing with gas production and processing. As well as safety issues and environmental clean-up procedures, when required.:uhoh:

Washington, DC's methane production might be enough to supply the East Coast for hundreds of years. Renewable resource too.:biggrin:

American ingenuity can get us out of any crisis, energy or financial, given half a chance. I don't think the current administration believes that though. And, I think they want to make sure we don't get out of this.
Rice and beans ? Anyone ?

juanni
July 01, 2010, 12:13
Originally posted by bykerhd

American ingenuity can get us out of any crisis, energy or financial, given half a chance. I don't think the current administration believes that though. And, I think they want to make sure we don't get out of this.
Rice and beans ? Anyone ?

We have created the worlds biggggggest phoney credit boom, we now have to suffer the big bust, ain't no creative ingenuity gonna quick fix that. :wink:

............juanni