PDA

View Full Version : P238 a bad idea?

D P Six
June 25, 2010, 23:05
My Son and I recently dropped into one of our local gunshops and saw a couple of Sig P238's under glass. Both of us are 1911 zealots, so we found these 380's appealing. One or the other of us might have bought one had the stainless version been available. That evening I researched this pistol on the Sig forun and found it had issues with magazines, recoil springs, extractors and 'soft' slides that peen in the slide release notch. Our interest in this Sig has been put on hold but if these issues are correct, I am very surprised as Sig has a reputation for top QC.

2barearms
June 27, 2010, 09:24
Mine seems to be fine, it's ammo picky though. Takes Colt Mustang
mags too. This isn't a pistol to do target shooting or plinking with.
Mine feeds the Speer Gold Dot like thoroughbred that it is.

smokingun45
June 27, 2010, 22:31
My LEAST favorite SIG by a mile! YMMV:rolleyes:

D P Six
June 28, 2010, 13:55
Thanks for the comments. I think I'll just stick with my S&W Model 60, a reliable pocket companion of the last ten years or so.

EBRfan
July 04, 2010, 22:50
Mine had an issue with the original mag and had the wrong front sight installed. All good now. It is far and away the most pleasant pocket .380ACP to shoot. It is very accurate. Once I proved it out I sold my P3AT and Rohrbaugh 9mm.

Mine goes with me whenever my 1911 doesn't. I am quite pleased with it.

The peened slides were and issue with the HD model. Seems a batch of slides were not properly heat treated.