View Full Version : Was wondering?

June 25, 2010, 20:42
Do you have to have a tax stamp and nfa papers to buy fire control parts for full auto ARs?

June 26, 2010, 07:17
Couple of answers.

To purchase them, generally yes. Most vendors are now requiring a copy of your form 4 before they will sell you the f/a parts. But not all. I'm sure you could fine someone to sell them to you.

As far as possession and the law, yes you could get into trouble if you had an AR and the f/a parts, but no nfa papaerwork. The feds take the view that why else do you have all those parts but to build a non-registered machine gun. You can also run afoul of their "readily convertable" view that a semi that can be easily conferted to f/a, is in fact a machine gun.