PDA

View Full Version : Caught the Signess today.

parisofthewest
June 24, 2010, 19:57
Been a long time Glock jock, but I have had my eye on a Sig for a long time after shooting a friend's P225.

Just picked up my W. German P226. Very nice indeed.

I got what I feel was a good deal on it compared to others I had been looking at. This one was a long drive to the shop that had it and all I knew was that it was used.

If it was it wasn't used for anymore than maybe a box of ammo. Slide rails shows no wear and the overall finish is 98% +

All in all very happy!

parisofthewest

bykerhd
June 24, 2010, 20:39
The 226 is a great pistol. You'll like it !:wink:
Now you'll need more magazines, ammo, etc.:biggrin:
Maybe even a 229 to keep it company.:uhoh:

Outlaw Patriot
June 24, 2010, 20:57
And no pictures? :(

Who cares if it was used anyways, the old sigs dont get wore out they just get broke in. :)

fry
June 24, 2010, 21:58
wow, clearly its going around because i too have caught the signess. traded junk for junk today and the deal yields me a sigp226 with three mags, box and pepperwerk.

yikers what will happen next? if i see chicken little im going to freak.,...

parisofthewest
June 24, 2010, 22:26
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af11/detroitpatriot/MVC-002F.jpg

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af11/detroitpatriot/MVC-003F.jpg

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af11/detroitpatriot/MVC-006F.jpg

Came with the box & 2 factory and 1 drive by magazines. The guy felt bad that he had told me it came with 3 factory mags over the phone and knocked $30 bucks off the deal and threw in a free Plano case.

Got to pick up my SAR-1 from the FFL today, so that coupled with a Sig purchase made it a great day.

parisofthewest

bykerhd
June 24, 2010, 23:15
Is the 226 a 9mm ?

Outlaw Patriot
June 24, 2010, 23:25
Nice, who makes the "driveby" mag (like that nickname btw) and how many rounds is it, 30? Def bigger than my factory 20 rounders.

You'll have to let us know if its reliable, I've been wondering if there are any non OEM super high cap mags that arent pos's.

Nice pistol, I've got one just like it. Not huge on the looks department, but big on the function department.

LVMPDawg
June 25, 2010, 01:34
Congratulations on your aquisition. There's nothing like an old school W. German P226.

parisofthewest
June 25, 2010, 01:41
Thanks!

Can't find any mfg. stamp on the mag anywhere, but I would guess it to be a 30 rounder. As far as reliability...not sure yet. It's going to the range with me tomorrow, but the poly follower looks a little chinsy. It is much more square at the top than the factory. Might be great but me think I won't trust my life to it. The mag, not the Sig. It inspires a confidence in quality and reliability that I have not felt before now.

I need many more mags though...I feel a little naked with only 2 factory ones.

parisofthewest

xtremerange
June 25, 2010, 07:26
Signess...

:bow: on wordsmithing alone

parisofthewest
June 25, 2010, 21:12
Alright. Got to the range today with it, and I will say that this is one very accurate pistol. Not a single malfunction in 100 rounds and consistently put them where it was pointed it. More accurate than I am.

The 30 round magazine I got with it functioned 100%. Does required that you hold the mag release in slightly while you insert it, but then it is g2g. More of a novelty than anything, but nice to know it works if the zombies come. I tried finding something similar online but only could find some made by American Magazine, which although similar are not the same as what I got. The one I have no peepholes, but Cheaper Than Dirt has them for all of $14 and some review mentioned the mag release issue...so who knows...might be work a few bucks to try a few.

Funstore that had the range also had some used LE marked mags for a reasonable price and got me one to give me 3 total, which is the least I feel comfortable having for a handgun.

Fun day!

parisofthewest

big44man
June 25, 2010, 21:36
They are great guns, and even better when you get a good deal on one.
I have a SIG 226 in .40 S&W, with a .357 Sig barrel, also a SIG 229 Swiss Police turn-in in 9mm.
Love them both.
Also have a CZ-75B in .40 S&W, and an EAA .45ACP in the wondra finish.
I really like the feel of these guns, with the steel frames, INHO, they feel a whole lot better than anything with a poly frame.
Of course, I have a couple of poly frames, for CCW, a Kahr K40 in .40 S&W, and a PT45 in .45 ACP.
All good guns.

warden
June 26, 2010, 14:08
Nice toes. An apology, I am being rude. Is the same as the ones that Dan Tobin is selling, sheet metal slide. What is the best Sig in 45acp? Same question about .357 Sig.
warden

cjjtulsa
June 27, 2010, 08:18
Originally posted by fry
wow, clearly its going around because i too have caught the signess.

Me too. In the process of buying a LNIB 1985 West German P220 from a friend of mine with manual, test target, and both mags - one still greased in the plastic bag. I'm more of a revolver guy, but always wanted a good .45. I think I'm on the right track. Now I almost feel like I need another one to go with it.....this might be a problem.

metalreptile
July 05, 2010, 20:18
My P-226 is my favorite pistol of all the ones I own. I can shoot it better than any of the others, it just "feels" right! Congrats on a purchase you will never regret!
Nothing like a SIG! :bow:

fry
July 05, 2010, 20:46
it came in the mail last week. i likes it better than teh glosckzs, dont tell anyone.

parisofthewest
July 22, 2010, 08:51
No regrets thus far. In fact, the Signess has deepened. I found a P6 with a 9/82 date code (same as my own date code) that I think I may just have to buy myself for a birthday present. :angel:

parisofthewest

K.O.A.M.
July 22, 2010, 15:05
P226's are great pistols. I have two and am issued a third. Never had issue one, and I agree the old stamped slide ones are the best.

parisofthewest
August 02, 2010, 08:41
Well, I could not get the guy selling the one made the same month/year as by birth to get to his crap together, but found this one.

For about $5 less than I was going to pay for the other one, this one is 1/83 dated, has had a Sig factory spring job, white dot front sight installed, and has had the feed ramp polished by Todd at CC so it will feed HPs.

It's sick. Should be here in about a week.

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af11/detroitpatriot/r017go.jpg

parisofthewest

CTW
August 04, 2010, 12:10
Originally posted by parisofthewest
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af11/detroitpatriot/MVC-002F.jpg

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af11/detroitpatriot/MVC-003F.jpg

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af11/detroitpatriot/MVC-006F.jpg

Came with the box & 2 factory and 1 drive by magazines. The guy felt bad that he had told me it came with 3 factory mags over the phone and knocked $30 bucks off the deal and threw in a free Plano case.

Got to pick up my SAR-1 from the FFL today, so that coupled with a Sig purchase made it a great day.

parisofthewest

I see the toe's, but where is the boo's. Serious though nice 226.

parisofthewest
August 08, 2010, 09:36
Problem being a truck driver...I hardly ever drink anymore...was workin with what I had on hand!! Errr uhhh foot.

parisofthewest