PDA

View Full Version : Night Sights ?

sportsnut
June 22, 2010, 21:47
Where is the best deal for Glock night sights ?

TIA

Ron

Fn/form
June 24, 2010, 03:22
You can get them pretty cheap if you buy them factory installed. I go with the Trijicon from the factory, not the Glock night sights.

I like Trijicon and Meprolight. Ameriglo uses Trijicon tubes, but a little bit cheaper.

I use bearbasin.com a lot, but I'm sure you can find some great deals if you search... opticsplanet.com, Google shopping and the other usual suspects.

I like my Trijicon green front/orange rear combo. I know that you should be able to feel the cant when you don't have the three green dots line up right... but it's a lot easier to drop the green between the orange, for me, when multi-tasking.

Another option is the Dawson night sights. They can be had in heights--and it really helps night or day when that front sight is tall. It really stands out. After using them on a friends gun, I'm sold on Dawson nights for my next Glock. Not cheap, but good quality.

sportsnut
June 24, 2010, 08:47
These are for a buddy of mine. I have a 21 with Trijicon and a 30 with orange and green Meprolight's. It's been awhile since I have shopped for sights though.

I will check out bearbasin.com

Thank you for your help.

Fn/form
June 24, 2010, 12:03
Two things I forgot to mention about the higher Dawson sights... make sure they clear the sight channel in your chosen holster (duty holsters even need a little filing sometimes) and consider the fact they may stick out/snag CCW clothing. They are available in different heights.

OpticsPlanet.com has a lot of great deals, just be prepared for a bit of delay, as they often drop ship from manufacturer stock to keep prices down.

sportsnut
June 24, 2010, 12:55
Thank you for your input, it's much appreciated.

tiblow
July 02, 2010, 22:12
Glock night sights new.....$52 a set + $7.00 shipping. Email me if you want.

Christian
July 03, 2010, 17:08
+1 for Trijicon. Built solid, have them on most of my handguns. Easy to install. I installed all of them myself without any issues. Get a sight pusher, that helps a lot. Or go to someone who has one. It prevents you from "smacking" the poop out of the rear sights and busting the gas filled tubes inside.

Christian

Fn/form
July 04, 2010, 13:11
There are a few beefy rear sight tools out there. Good stuff.

The current Glock sight tool is a piece of trash for anything other than plastic sights. The Glock regional rep agreed. lol

The old Glock sight tool is good stuff, but sought after.

BroncoMafia
September 30, 2010, 00:38
Just finished a 4 day pistol course and was running my glock 17 with TruGlo TFO sights like THESE (http://www.botachtactical.com/trtfogunsi.html) .
We had a night shoot exercise during day 3.

The instructors told us beforehand that we would probably not see our night sights glow behind the bright tactical lights on the targets.

I ran an old school Surefire 6P at 60 lumens and was surprised at how bright my sights were.

During the night shoot, the guy next to me on the line said "Wow! Your night sights are amazing"
He could see them from his shooting position.
i was easily able to obtain good sight alignment/sight picture with these guys. MUCH better than the Mepro's I have used there in the past.

Nobody on our line seemed to be running anything over 120 lumens and the sights stood up well to that.

Carolina Slim
October 27, 2010, 20:35
+1 on the TruGlos. I have a set on my G19 which has become my bedside table-CCW-go everywhere gun. Green front yellow rear, even with my glasses off and my presbyopic myopic middle aged eyes I can get a reasonable sight pic and I can tell which dot is the front sight.

I just wish they made them for CZs :sad: