PDA

View Full Version : No date code on P220

Retired Bum
June 12, 2010, 20:49
Earlier today I was shown a Sig P220 .45 Auto that was all German made. The owner told me that he purchased it NIB back in 1995. I looked it over and failed to see the usual date code on the slide. The owner handed me a magnifying glass and told me to look at a tiny marking next to the two proof marks. The marking was a little shield with the number 95 stamped inside.

I owned several German made handguns from the 1980 and 90's. Sig Sauer, Walther, and HK. All of them have the usual date code stamped on the frame or slide. So this P220 with the shield and number 95 has me puzzled. Did SigSauer use this instead of the letter code for some special reason?

BTW, the owner offered me the P220 which is like new with five factory mags, the dark grey plastic case, and the manual for $550. Sounds like a decent deal to me. Should I go for it?

And so it goes.

The Retired One

CTW
June 13, 2010, 13:00
I think it is a fair price for one in the condition you described with 5 mag's. I would jump on it.

puma357
June 14, 2010, 13:45
I think its a great price . Jump on it

Retired Bum
June 16, 2010, 16:42
My friend's P220 is now in my possession.

I field stripped it and it was in immaculate condition. Ditto the five magazines. So now it has a new home in my gun safe next to my P210-6. I hope that the two get along okay.

And so it goes.

The Retired One