PDA

View Full Version : Scored a black 20" AUG

lightguy
June 10, 2010, 22:18
Just won this on Gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=171276819

I guess the procedure is to ask advice BEFORE bidding but did not want to let the cat out of the bag. I just hope its what I think it is.
Fairly rare if every-thing is up and up.
My first AUG.

:bow: :aug: :bow:

seg
June 11, 2010, 08:20
Nice:whiskey:

sweetwine
June 11, 2010, 09:43
That looks like a nice one. I had a green stock one long time ago, shot my reloads like a varmint rifle. Supriseing how well that little scope worked love the donut of death sight. Let us know how it shoots. :D

hansellhd
June 16, 2010, 19:01
Cool score, I almost picked up one of these in the mid 80's but went with a hk93.
However I picked up a MSAR stg223 20" last month. but I have admit I would still like to have an original AUG.
HDH.

MGMike
July 27, 2010, 21:46
That is an extremely nice gun.

But I strongly suspect that the black stock and buttplate are a later substitution. It's perfectly okay, and preferable to many. But Interarms only got green guns.

M

AGG
July 28, 2010, 13:17
Congratulations--- appears correct with markings and SN range--- not too many!!! ;)

Tony

lightguy
July 28, 2010, 15:47
Originally posted by MGMike
That is an extremely nice gun.

But I strongly suspect that the black stock and buttplate are a later substitution. It's perfectly okay, and preferable to many. But Interarms only got green guns.

M

This I did not know.
A friend of mine came over yesterday and we oogled it a bit more.
Really a neat design.
We were "that close" to buying one years back when they were going for $850 or so if memory serves. Missed that boat.

I figure for 400 or 500 more than a current production a preban is a good investment.

SWOHFAL
July 29, 2010, 03:56
You can modify these to take STANAG mags w/ a kit, right?

lightguy
July 29, 2010, 09:20
Yes.
The kit basically is a different stock.
Apparently lots of people are doing this because there is a bunch of original magazines hitting the market on GB.
I'm going to keep mine as is with the 5 AUG magazines I now have.

indy_Muaddib
July 29, 2010, 19:39
http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/augusrparts.html

bayonet lug, $45

bayonet, $185

you know you want to buy them.