PDA

View Full Version : Glocks might have to go!

Timber Wolf
May 27, 2010, 11:43
Looks like the Glocks have got to go away from here. There’s a new Sheriff in town and his name is Springfield. Specifically: Springfield XDm 3.8 .40 S&W (all black). The 3.8 looks good and feels even better then any of my Glocks. No stinkin’ finger grooves that don’t fit me (or anybody else I know). No issues with reliability when fitted with a light on the rail (like supposedly is a problem with the G22 Gen 3). No issues with unsupported chambers, no bulged brass or lead bullet issues. Just a (really) good feeling extra high capacity blaster with a sweet trigger reach and trigger feel. Oh yeah, my trigger finger is very happy tickling the XDm. I can see me being very happy with the 3.8 XDm and us having a very long and very meaningful relationship. I haven’t even shot the 3.8 yet and it already has me thinking evil thoughts about my Glocks. Yep, I think it will soon make the Glocks leave out from here-abouts. Not to worry, lots-o-folks still like Glocks and I should have no problem selling them. Wish I had not spent all that money on that horsehide Supertuck for the G27 though. Oh well, guess I will continue to wear it until they come out with a subcompact XDm in .40. Hey, the .45 ACP XDm is here, can the subcompacts be far behind?

preston1026
May 27, 2010, 13:11
Nah, Y axis is too high :biggrin:

W.E.G.
May 27, 2010, 14:09
The Glock finger grooves are just awful!

I'll hook you up with a hunnert dollahs per Glock.

Just 'cause I like you.

fry
May 27, 2010, 19:40
sold my seventeen, after i shot the crap out of it. it was still a go-er too. i liked it. i liked it a lot. i liked it so much i want a 26.

still have a 21 that looks brand new and dont shoot it:( its been the red headed step child next to the 1911's.

traded for a M&P45 last week, wondering if i still need a glock to make glock-a-moli?

your right, there is a new sheriff in town. it seems we live in different towns.

Fn/form
May 27, 2010, 22:44
Glock, S&W and Springfield have had all their teething and QC problems. Machines is machines.

Fit means a lot, but I've seen an M9 shooter beat the whole line on accuracy and speed. 1911s, Glocks, etc. It's all about training.

Glad you found a pistol you like, I hope it's as durable as the rest of the XDs!

fry
May 28, 2010, 10:51
Originally posted by Fn/form
Glad you found a pistol you like, I hope it's as durable as the rest of the HS-2000's

i like the M&P45 better than the HS-2000 in the same. i do like the newest variants of the masterpiece, but the smith is still five years newer and didnt have to be re invented because it failed the first go round. maybe we just hate croatia.

Ssarge
May 28, 2010, 10:54
When you show me an XDM with over a million rounds through it that shoots to spec then I'll beleive. Till then just another poser. (and no I don't like the finger grooves either)

cpd109
May 28, 2010, 21:46
Originally posted by fry

i like the M&P45 better than the HS-2000 in the same. i do like the newest variants of the masterpiece, but the smith is still five years newer and didnt have to be re invented because it failed the first go round. maybe we just hate croatia.

Local PD changed to the M&P. When qualifying, they ran out of roller pins in them 'cause they all fell out at the range. They had switched over from the 4586 which is a tough gun to shoot in DAO. It didn't have any roller pins that I recall.

For the want of a nail (or roller pin), a horseshoe was lost, etc.

Ssarge
May 29, 2010, 09:22
I like the M&P, but until it's wringed out and reliability is improved I'll stick to my 1911 and Glock.

Bigger_Is_Better
May 29, 2010, 11:39
There are other pistols than 1911's and BHP's??:confused:

jugrunner
May 29, 2010, 13:11
Originally posted by Bigger_Is_Better

I don't think so ... :D ... anyway you're a dog 'cause you got my HP !!

BAS
May 29, 2010, 16:45

Yes, it's called a CZ75 :tongue:

BJørn

Timber Wolf
May 29, 2010, 17:23

I didn't say anything about my Colts or Brownings or even Smiths having to go. I'm not completely crazy!:wink: :wink:

Timber Wolf
May 29, 2010, 17:28
Originally posted by Ssarge
When you show me an XDM with over a million rounds through it that shoots to spec then I'll beleive. Till then just another poser. (and no I don't like the finger grooves either)

I'll get right on that the middle of next week. Although it's going to be pretty slow going until I get my Dillion 550 set back up and humming. :biggrin: As my FFL buddy and I like to say: "I hope I get to shoot it enough to wear it out".

Voided37
May 30, 2010, 06:32
WHEN GLOCKS DO GO, THEY'LL GO TO HEAVEN!!

:)

gaijinsamurai
May 30, 2010, 10:02
I've got three 1911A1s, a BHP, a CZ-75, and about 9 or 10 other pistols, but my Glock 22 and Glock 30 are my favorites, when it comes to carry guns.

21inchPeter
May 30, 2010, 13:04
All pistols are frowned upon by my Glock 24. A 40/357 in a long slide with a 15 round mag, perfect. Why would you bother not buying a Glock? Put some Hogue rubber on it and it'll feel great, then stop blowing money on crap guns and get ammo instead.

Heat
May 30, 2010, 16:56
http://i45.tinypic.com/14jcavs.jpg

If it's good enough for the Gunny, then it's good enough for me!

oilcan72
May 31, 2010, 16:55
Hello All,

I foolishly bought a Springfield XD .45 what a piece of junk!!! took it to the range and it shot about 2 foot high and a foot to the right at 25 yards. I got new sights put on it and it was only a foot and a half high and 10 inches to the right at 25 yards. I cussed the Croations for 2 months til I was able to dump it. I'll keep my Colts.

oilcan72

PARA FN FAL
June 02, 2010, 20:36
Oilcan I had a simmilar problem with my XD40high and to the left. I have carried Sigs , Berrettas and that XD but I just keep going back to the Glock. It just plain works well the way a handgun should.

base704
June 04, 2010, 19:01
I hate to start a bidding war, but I'll go up to one fitty per glock...

Lemme know when they "gotta go".

gearlogo
June 06, 2010, 17:38
The XD 45 is the shizzle.

Feels like a 1911 in your hand and holds mucho ammo. I own a 1911, a Xd 45 and a Glock 21. The Glock shoots best by a small margin but feels like a 2x4 in your hand. The XD wins for all around performance even though the groups are a little bigger. The 1911 is goos but it in lower cap and heavy, nuff said.

Now the most accurate semi auto pistol I own is a G19. I swear the thing has an auto pilot.

flight 556
June 13, 2010, 11:51
Don't like either one. S&W 945 for me.

June 21, 2010, 23:07
What works for other folks is what they should stick with!!! M1911 works for me, I'll not make any disparaging remarks about Glocks (which I like and have shot), Springfield XD pistols (which I have a favorable impression of, never shot one though!) The handguns I own are:
S&W Mod 66 4" .357 magnum
Taurus PT1911 .45ACP - 2 ea
Rock Island Armory Mid-size .45ACP (similar in size to a Commander)
Rock Island Armory Tactical .45ACP
Kahr .45CW

I carried a 1911 styled .45ACP for the longest time until the Kahr came on the scene. That pistol is almost half the weight of a Commander sized .45ACP!!! I love my M1911 style pistols, but the Kahr is much lighter for extended carry and it's very accurate!

I won't carry a semi-auto in less than .45ACP, and a revolver in less than .357 Magnum! Just my opinion!

Timber Wolf
July 01, 2010, 14:51
Just drove another nail in the Glock coffin yesterday. Picked up a very lightly used XDsc .40 S&W with all the crap & papers. It feels better then the G27 and although definitely heavier & taller is pretty comparable otherwise. I prefer the grip (no dang finger bumps) and trigger A LOT over that of the Glock’s. If I shoot the XDsc as well as the G27 it will replace it as my CCW and the XDm 3.8 will replace the G22 as my HD/nightstand gun.

I already have a deal in place pending inspection of the guns to swap my G21 straight across for a Belgian Browning Auto-5 20 gauge. I actually bought the G21 from the guy and I have not shot it much since so he should know what he is getting and be OK with it! I have not seen the Browning but I have never known him to have any crap and he said it was OK so we should be good-to-go. Same guy said bring the G22 to look at and then when I called him yesterday he said he might prefer the G27 so bring that too. I don’t have a lot in the G27 but I did buy several spare mags & G23 mags with spacers so I don’t know if we can make trade or not for what I would have to have. I would not mind keeping the G22, especially as it is the early RTF2 frame with the funny slide cuts and I kind of like it. Should not have a lot of trouble getting rid of a G22 if I decide to. That would leave me with just the first Glock I ever owned, my G20. As it is my only 10mm I may have to hang onto it. Guess I have to keep one Glock around! Still want to feel a Gen 4 G23 though…….
:confused: