View Full Version : Shoot in Dallas...

April 30, 2010, 18:31
Well, this should scare Vince a li'l bit :D

I've been on the waiting-list for the local Dallas Pistol Club for a few years now, and I'm finally on the short-list - so at the invitation of one of the directors, I trotted around last week to have a look and chat with him and he asked me if I'd be willing to help RO a match this weekend.

"Sure," says I "Where do you want me?"

So I went along today to the range to help set up the various stages and they gave us an RO golf shirt and cap once we'd finished - and it turns out it's a Glock Sport Shooting Federation (www.gssfonline.com) match, so we got to choose two Glock-related goodies as well (I chose a knife for my BOB and a pistol rug). We also might be in the drawing for a Glock pistol - boy, wouldn't I have to eat crow if I won it :D

I think I'll have fun - main thing will be to make sure the boys unload properly before holstering (don't want any Glock Leg at the shoot) :wink:

April 30, 2010, 20:38
Nice:cool: Hope you win the pistol! 1911Ron

May 02, 2010, 09:10
Sounds like fun. Not scared here, but soon you will see the light.

Fr. Vince

May 02, 2010, 10:14
What's the deal Andy, sounds like you really don't care much for the GLOCKS :confused:

May 02, 2010, 17:05
Just funnin', Blaster - the old 1911 vs Glock thing :wink:

It was a good shoot, the Lone Star Classic XVI, I believe - very nice shooters, nice ROs, no attitudes or problems I heard about and the whole thing went very smoothly. I was working the "Glock M" stage and had fun - lots of laughs to be had.

There was a draw at the end for the ROs for 3 Glockpistols (well, actually 4 but we voted to give 1 certificate to the 4H kids) - but I didn't get one. No biggie - I got a lot of brass out of it anyway :biggrin:

The various stages looked like so much fun that I might ponder a Glock for myself in the future just so's I can take part next time; I think I'd be in with a chance :devil:

May 04, 2010, 13:17
Prelim scores have been posted, so I figured you guys might like to know the fastest average time per string per event (each event is shot 3 times) in the various categories. All stages are shot from the Ready position - and a miss outside the A and B zone just adds extra time to your score.

Steel targets only need 1 shot, but cardboard needs 2 shots (unless shot with a Major Subcompact class pistol, in which case it's a single shot per target).

Glock M stage:

Glock the Plates stage:

5 to Glock stage:

Top Civilian times:
Glock M stage: 6.38
Glock the Plates: 5.32
5 to Glock: 11.07

Top Competition times:
Glock M stage: 4.08
Glock the Plates: 4.29
5 to Glock: 7.46

Top Guardian (cop, army, etc) times: