PDA

View Full Version : Gen 4 Glock 22

RedRiverSix
April 28, 2010, 23:53
My department just traded in its amalgimation of various generation Glocks for brand new Generation 4 22's and 23's.

Compared to the Gen. 1 had the Gen.4 is a Cadillac. New guts in the frame, new extractor, ergonomic frame, and dual captured recoil spring.

These new Glocks are great.

Bill Bond
April 29, 2010, 05:22
I want one of the Gen 4's also.

:cool:

preston1026
April 29, 2010, 08:58
I want the gen 4 G19 to come out already, does anyone know if the gen 4 G19 ith come in the RTF?

Tat2
April 29, 2010, 10:40
Originally posted by preston1026
I want the gen 4 G19 to come out already, does anyone know if the gen 4 G19 ith come in the RTF?

I went to SHOT and talked to Glock about the RTF texture frame. They said
that the Gen4 guns will not have it. It uses a subdued grip texture that is
not as aggresive. I persoanlly like the RTF better. But LE had issues with
it being too agrresive on uniforms..... atleast that is what I was told :rolleyes:
Who knows I have not tried to carry an RTF. I wanted it for competition.

It does look like the new RTF guns will have the old slide cuts, not the fish scales. Seems people were not fond of that either.

I asked about a Gen4 G35 since alot of guys in various departments here
carry a G35. They said not yet. I did not hear they were doing a G23 yet....

T

W.E.G.
April 29, 2010, 10:43
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/pistol%20pics/Glock/kool_aidGlock.jpg

preston1026
April 30, 2010, 10:00
man! I was really hoping for a gen 4 RTF!

GySgt D
April 30, 2010, 10:16
I got mine a couple months ago. It sure was nice to have a Glock that actually fit my hand.

The previous gen G22's supposedly had a tendency to malf when a light was mounted. So, I've been shooting mine exclusively with a TLR-1 attached. No malfs thus far...

Ssarge
April 30, 2010, 14:43
What range are you shooting at Gunny?

lowr8
May 09, 2010, 00:53
what is an RTF? and what is new on the G4?

Fn/form
May 09, 2010, 01:57
Interesting that this thread popped up.

Just today my G22 gen4's captive recoil spring decided to disassemble. I disassembled it to clean it at the range, and POP GOES THE WEASEL! I recovered most of the parts. Another reason to keep wearing safety glasses.

It looks like the riveted metal end of the recoil spring let go.

I have 1950rds on this pistol, all brass-cased quality factory ammo. This G22 was supposed to be my next duty piece, lol. I wanted to put several thousand through before acceptance.

Some of the different parts include:
- Dual-spring recoil spring, like the G27 setup. This is supposed to slow the slide action and prevent malfs with rail mounted lights
- Slide has a larger front recoil spring support for the larger-diameter dual recoil spring setup
- Dustcover is fully open at the front to allow for the larger recoil spring
- The plastic "wings" in front of front rails are thinner to allow for the larger diameter recoil spring setup
- Barrel is sliiiiightly better supported around the chamber area
- Barrel locking/recoil spring area may be shorter, but I have only my G23 to compare it to for now

The thin plastic "wings" in front of the front rails are missing now. Sheared off. I'll be talking to Glock LE on Monday. Too bad I already installed my green front/orange rear night sights. :-( That's OK, I was looking for an excuse to go with a Dawson setup.

Maybe they'll let me go with a G17 gen4 replacement. I'm not really confident in this dual recoil spring right now.

Tat2
May 09, 2010, 16:11
Wow, that is not good to hear. frankly I am underimpressed w/ the Gen4 gun.
If you are not running a light in a bucket holster I would go with a Gen3 G22.
If you are gunna run a permenant light I would go with a G35.

Originally posted by Fn/form
Interesting that this thread popped up.

Just today my G22 gen4's captive recoil spring decided to disassemble. I disassembled it to clean it at the range, and POP GOES THE WEASEL! I recovered most of the parts. Another reason to keep wearing safety glasses.

It looks like the riveted metal end of the recoil spring let go.

I have 1950rds on this pistol, all brass-cased quality factory ammo. This G22 was supposed to be my next duty piece, lol. I wanted to put several thousand through before acceptance.

Some of the different parts include:
- Dual-spring recoil spring, like the G27 setup. This is supposed to slow the slide action and prevent malfs with rail mounted lights
- Slide has a larger front recoil spring support for the larger-diameter dual recoil spring setup
- Dustcover is fully open at the front to allow for the larger recoil spring
- The plastic "wings" in front of front rails are thinner to allow for the larger diameter recoil spring setup
- Barrel is sliiiiightly better supported around the chamber area
- Barrel locking/recoil spring area may be shorter, but I have only my G23 to compare it to for now

The thin plastic "wings" in front of the front rails are missing now. Sheared off. I'll be talking to Glock LE on Monday. Too bad I already installed my green front/orange rear night sights. :-( That's OK, I was looking for an excuse to go with a Dawson setup.

Maybe they'll let me go with a G17 gen4 replacement. I'm not really confident in this dual recoil spring right now.

parisofthewest
May 11, 2010, 09:27
Saw a 17 gen4. Wasn't enough to get me lathered up. Nice though. My wife's and my own gen3 19s are at about 3k with no issues. If anything were to walk out the fun shop with me next in tupperware it would be a gen2 17. I would like a full size with no rail for easy, no snag, old school conceal.

parisofthewest

Fn/form
July 01, 2010, 16:09
Update on the Gen 4. Really, really liking it. The recoil is softer than a Gen 3. Fits my hand really well, single-handed shots are much more comfy and confident for me.

No problems with the replacement dual recoil spring. The Gen 4 G22 is my primary duty gun. I've even been carrying it off duty in a SmartCarry, lol.

Looking forward to the G19 Gen 4. Wonder if they'll do the same with the G26?

moonbat60
July 01, 2010, 19:07
Glock should have produced the Gen. 4 pistols much sooner, or right away. They are just dang too slow producing the right guns at the right time.

:fal:

Pete

Blood of Tyrants
July 10, 2010, 18:25
Theo only think I didn't like about my Gen 4 model 22 is the tiny little mag release. I got an extended release (it is only about 1/8" longer) and it makes mag release much easier.

GySgt D
August 09, 2010, 17:56
Originally posted by Ssarge
What range are you shooting at Gunny?

Styx River.

Still no malfs. Wish I could say the same for my G27...

August 11, 2010, 00:33
my glock 27 dual recoil spring locked up last year, the inside piston seem to jam into the outside unit which also split and it would not move, jammed pistol. i highly recommend replacing the dual spring at least every year, when it goes bad it goes real bad. i ordered a new one and threw away the old.

i am not a big fan of the dual spring thing now, prefer the old single spring which slowly goes bad.