PDA

View Full Version : G24 with .357 SIG Conversion

21inchPeter
April 11, 2010, 12:16
I tried out my new .357 barrel in my G24 today. Mustered a 27" shot group at 100 yards with it off hand, got it down to 20.5" firing supported. Did a mag dump at 13 yards and kept a group roughly the size of my head. No malfunctions, the ports on the barrel do make the pistol loud. Might try the 9mm conversion in the future but the .357 SIG is here to stay!

MACV
April 12, 2010, 11:21
I like the 357 Sig caliber. Ive got a conversion barrel and 20 lb stainless spring and guide rod for my G-22. If you dont have the extra power spring you should try it. It takes a lot of the recoil out of pistol.

K.O.A.M.
April 12, 2010, 19:28
I've got the same thing. It's a freaking rocket launcher.

Ssarge
April 13, 2010, 10:29
I had a Glock 33, talk about a pocket rocket! Lots of torque and muzzle flip!

21inchPeter
April 14, 2010, 06:34
i was told to try the weaker recoil spring, as it will allow the slide to come back faster then forward faster, cutting the impulse of having the slide linger out of battery by comparison. Lot of competition shooters I run into out here tell me stuff like that all the time. I wanna give that a whirl to see if there is any merit to it, since I have a longslide it'd make more sense for me than the average pistolier.

whirlibird
April 14, 2010, 20:35
Don't use the weaker spring unless you are shooting reduced loads.

The extra slide velocity equals increased impact on the frame and also increases the possibility of frame damage/cracking.

Same with 1911's and other auto's, do not run reduced power springs with standard or heavier than standard loads.

xcpd69
April 24, 2010, 08:12
Also consider that the strength of the recoil spring is one of the factors keeping the breech locked, until there is a drop in chamber pressure to a safe level. Unlock the breech too soon, especially with a high pressure round AND Glock's infamous lack of proper case support, and you have a recipe for potential disaster.