PDA

View Full Version : Interesting experience at Walmart

Artful
March 28, 2010, 12:52
So yesterday I had to go to Chinamart - shopping for yard stuff - I swing by the firearms kiosk - and see a brick of Subsonic Remington 22LR under the counter - wait my turn tell the little guy I would like to buy the brick and he gets it out we do the transaction he puts the brick in a bag with the receipt and I head home

Well after I get home, so I get my paw in the bag pull out the brick and it feels wrong - notice the plastic coating on the brick is only half there - open the end and two boxes are missing - only 8 in the brick - so back to walmart to customer service we go.

The gal behind the counter says you can't return ammo - explain I don't want to return it, I want the full brick like I paid for - or don't charge me for two 50 round boxes that aren't in the box. She gets on the phone gets her "manager" some floor walker who has less than great customer service skills - who I explain it all too again - the manager decides to duck and cover so says she needs some manager from sporting goods to make the call and she runs away.

Now we wait some more, then two more managers come back with grumpy. Little dude who is sporting goods manager says Walmart doesn't sell full bricks of Remington Subsonic 22LR only fifty round boxes (which is BS because I have bought them before from both this store and others before the big Obama ammo crash).

Then he looks at the recept, asks some questions about the clerk who I didn't remember the name of but could describe well enough. Then says he will get get some more 22 subsonic to replace that which was missing - which I found strange as my brick was the only box out and I have been through the drill for waiting for them to unload the truck then them wheeling the cart over to the kiosk checking the sheets and stocking the shelves. But sure enough he comes back with 2 boxes of subsonic's so I am placated.

So some things to pass on.

1) before you leave the counter examine your bricks to make sure they are NOT lightened by store personel before you get them. Unless sealed - this box had half the plastic removed to get at one end - I should have made note of that - bad on me.

2) Walmart is storing more ammo then they are displaying to the public in the Kiosk

3) Walmart manager{s} are doing some strange inventory control
- why would you even say you are only selling by the 50 round box to a customer who just bought a brick and had obviously purchased bulk packs before.

Watch your six at chinamart

:sad:

1911Ron
March 28, 2010, 22:24
I stopped buying ammo from wallyworld because they are clueless. 1911Ron

Heat
April 06, 2010, 00:06
For a few cents more (literally) I buy all my ammo (save surplus) from my local store where the staff is friendly, knowledgable and the business is locally owned

Fal Dude
April 06, 2010, 00:55
China Mart! LOL

onebigelf
April 06, 2010, 07:49
If I could find a local store that was "Just a few cents more" or even a dollar a box more, I'd shop there. Unfortunately all the local shops near me appear to be buying their stock at Walmart and then adding a 80% markup. So, I shop at Walmart just like they do!

John

I've even found bits of the Walmart sticker still on the ammo at one local shop.

Heat
April 06, 2010, 08:08
Originally posted by onebigelf
If I could find a local store that was "Just a few cents more" or even a dollar a box more, I'd shop there. Unfortunately all the local shops near me appear to be buying their stock at Walmart and then adding a 80% markup. So, I shop at Walmart just like they do!

John

I've even found bits of the Walmart sticker still on the ammo at one local shop.

I've been very fortunate..I live in Coeur d' Alene Idaho and the shop is BlackSheep Sporting Goods..the owner must have rather deep pockets as he seems to buy in huge bulk quantities..I have scored good deals on .308, .22lr and 12 gauge shells..all other calibers are fair as well
Not only that the price on firearms are quite good--bought a few pistols and bolt actions over the yrs and I compare prices and their is no comparison really..and to boot its just over a mile away!

Insider
March 03, 2012, 06:28
You should have checked it out before paying for it-buyer beware!

hagar
March 03, 2012, 07:45
China Mart! LOL

And pay with your Indian Express card..:(

MK ULTRA
March 03, 2012, 22:46
China Mart! LOL

Where have you been??

MK ULTRA
March 03, 2012, 22:48
You should have checked it out before paying for it-buyer beware!

Yes the OP said that in his original post.

FUUN063
March 04, 2012, 16:46
I do know for a fact that folks (shoppers) go into Wally World and steal smaller boxes from the bigger packs and try to make it look as if there is nothing missing. This, in turn, is not immediately (if ever) discovered by staff and so it goes.....

Along comes unexpecting person buying ammo. What.......not enough ammo in box!:redface:

Leland
:fal:

newfalguy101
March 04, 2012, 17:46
2) Walmart is storing more ammo then they are displaying to the public in the Kiosk

Pretty much all stores have more inventory than what is on display.

Display shelf space is premium space and finite.

Wharehouses, while still finite, are much easier area to stock with large quantities.

So, anytime you run across an empty spot on the shelf, ASK them to check in the back for more, as often as not, they have more in the back.

Tis not a great conspiracy, just normal business.

jugrunner
March 06, 2012, 15:19
I LOVE China-Mart ... I caught a man and his wife in the 20 items or less register today ... 2 buggy's full ... they "offered" to let me in front but I declined and instead, took the time to bitch and moan for the 10 minutes it took for them to check out ..

the girl at the register thanked me ... :biggrin:

Not my first rodeo at the 20 items or less checkout ... :wink:

it's almost as good as the Post Office ... !!!