PDA

View Full Version : looking at some new 22s

chromestarhustler
March 03, 2010, 10:29
aint going the vince route and getting a rossi pump or a lever action henry. i was looking at the hammerli 22sa sport, or perhaps waiting until the mk22 scar comes out.
the scar hasnt been released so no clue on that one, the hammerli is about 180 and upposed to be a tack driving fool. anyone have any experience with one?

fry
March 04, 2010, 02:41
experience with vince being a ten twenty too queer. no.

this is gonna hurt,... two wurds.

savage.

dont look back if you want a cheap-en that you could set a usbr plinker world record with.

i have the sav 17hmr and if i didnt already have a boat load of 22's, or at least ten. (ok maybe 8, i havent counted recently)

this is the best one you should buy.

HodakaD
March 04, 2010, 09:31
I can't help but notice that the new 10-22's look to have been way cheapened up. What with the plastic barrel bands and crapily painted recievers. I picked one up the other day and the barrel band was tightened all the way and I could slide it off the front of the gun. Lame.

chromestarhustler
March 04, 2010, 16:39
thankd fry, but i got a vintage savage bolt, and a single shot 17hmr, i buy semi 22s cause they are fun.
and i dont think i could find a savage under 200 bux that can print groups like the hammerli has been shown to do.

fry
March 04, 2010, 17:01
got it.

vmtz
March 04, 2010, 20:00
Chromie seemed to like my new 10/22 today. As did CE, but he won't admit it. And when I got home today my Tech-sights were waiting for me. They now are installed on my blued 10/22 and with luck i will sight it in during the next few days.

Now, does anyone know were I can get a filler block for the old rear sight on my blue 10/22.

Fr. Vince

paulo
March 04, 2010, 20:58
CZ

chromestarhustler
March 04, 2010, 21:51
yeah vince make a filler block out of the huge ass front sight you had . just scribe it and cut it down and grind it smooth. front and rear sight dovetails are the same

sorry had a cz it was fine, if i wanted another tack driving bolt gun in 22lr i would get another suhl 150 since i cant afford an Anschütz.

xfrk
March 04, 2010, 22:04
I've heard good things about the CZs. Looking for one this weekend at the local gunshow. Probably 452 American. Anyone here have experience with these? No experience with the Hammerlis.

chromestarhustler
March 04, 2010, 22:08
yes i had the cz 452 american walnut, i think its discontinued now. only offered in 17 hmr now iirc

dwarmbrodt
March 05, 2010, 06:52
Wait for the new CZ 455. I am still waiting for my sample. User interchangeable barrels/caliber.

StarPD
March 18, 2010, 13:58
I second the CZ American.
Bought one for my wife, and it's sweet. If you get one, go to one of the CZ forums to learn all the minor tricks. Thanks to CRS, I can't remember the few things I had to do to it, but once tweaked, and that's an easy process, it's an excellent and extremely accurate .22RF. I heartily recommend it. Mine, or my wife's I should say has a Burris Timberline scope, around $200 and an excelent short and light scope that does the job for a .22.

gunplumber
March 18, 2010, 20:12
+1

I liked George's so got one myself. But turned off that ghastly rear sight and shortened it to 16" as my Colibris were sticking in the bore.

Heat
March 20, 2010, 13:22
Savage MARK II BV 22.lr Bolt Action--MSRP $352--street price bout $265

chromestarhustler
March 20, 2010, 18:22
wow this thread has gotten way off course, blah blah blah, bolt gun this bolt gun that, sorry had a ton of 22 bolt guns, and the 513t or the suhl would probably out shoot just about everything listed. the tuned cz might hang in there.

now back to the semi autos, anyone shoot the hammerli 22sa yet?

vmtz
March 20, 2010, 21:01
Why, when one can have a 10/22?

Fr. Vince

chromestarhustler
March 20, 2010, 21:55
cause everyone has a 10-22 or three, just wanted to try something new and different, cause if its awesome everyone will be following me to get one.

vmtz
March 20, 2010, 22:05
Because they work.

Fr. Vince

chromestarhustler
March 20, 2010, 22:10
if the barrel is tightened down

vmtz
March 20, 2010, 22:31
That does help. LOL.

Fr. Vince

StarPD
April 21, 2010, 14:20
If you want a super accurate semi-auto, look for a good used older Weatherby Mark XXII. I think they were made by Howa. I had one, and it would shoot 1 hole groups at 100 yards. Too bad I had to sell it to finance a divorce.

Current Weatherby Mark XXIIs are bolt guns, actually Anschutz 64 series (the cheaper model), with a laquered Weatherby stock. I have one, and it's excellent. Not quite as accurate as my Anschutz Series 54 "Monte Carlo", but so close groups need a caliper to measure the difference. Both are expensive, the Anschutz 54 Series especially, but worth every penny. First guns I ever had to put on a credit card, and took a year to pay them off, but a good investment.

My Anschutz Series 54 "Classic" is in .17 HMR, and it's a real tack driver. Just a little pricey to shoot compared to a .22.

I bought my rimfires after my triple bypass, when my cardiac surgeon said I couldn't shoot my centerfire for 2 years while I waited for my sternum to heal completely. Now that I have them, I love them, and get a lot of use from them. A lot cheaper to shoot than my FAL or ARs too. They are all Anschutz, and worth the money. I'm glad I have them now, as they are a lot of fun, amazingly accurate, and will last me until I croak.

As noted in my previous post, my wife has a CZ "American" in .22, and for the money, it's a real sweetheart.