PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Tamer = Trouble!!!

Mad Dog 7.62
February 20, 2010, 19:17
Since this really only applies to AUG or MSAR owners I thought I would post it here.......

Took my MSAR Stg-556 to the range yesterday. I have been very happy with this rifle and have not had any problems with it to date. Yesterday however was different. I had installed a "trigger tamer" in it and it seemed to really improve the pull when I dry fire tested it at home. At the range, the first few shots went ok...then I had a failure to fire due to a light primer strike...which was unusual....then the rifle doubled on me. I had another failure to fire, then after a few rounds another double, after which I put the rifle away as I was at a public indoor range and did not want a safety issue. Soon as I got home, the trigger tamer came out. Just a heads up for possible problems for anyone contemplating trying one!!!
MD

JohnnyReb
February 20, 2010, 19:46
The TT works well in my MSAR.

Scott0san
February 21, 2010, 18:05
Couple of thousand rounds through mine (Steyr) with no trouble

Slow
February 22, 2010, 08:55
MSAR with 500+ thru the trigger tamer without a hitch

Mad Dog 7.62
February 22, 2010, 15:55
I was kind of surprised to have the issues with it I did, but....thought I would put it out there in case anyone runs into the same thing.
MD

Slow
February 22, 2010, 16:16
i guess your the lucky one to get an outa spec. unit, did ya call or contact them, haven heard anything on their customer service

ps. Hey Dynomike ifin your reading this go fugkyourself:devil:

DYNOMIKE
February 24, 2010, 00:19
LOL!!! :tongue:

dawg180
February 24, 2010, 19:17
MSAR has specifically said not to use the trigger tamer in their rifle.

JohnnyReb
February 24, 2010, 19:57
Originally posted by dawg180

If they didn't want us to use one they should have made theirs with a lighter pull out of the box. Mine passes all of the safety checks with the TT installed and doesn't double so whats the problem?

And why is Dynomike browsing the poofter forums? :aug:

Slow
February 25, 2010, 13:32
Originally posted by JohnnyReb

hes a closet poofter wants to come out, but afraid of the light.........

DYNOMIKE
February 26, 2010, 09:07

It's important to recognize the POOFTERS and how they live so I can be sure to steer clear..

I guess it's kinda like an experiment, albiet a twisted one. :devil:

JohnnyReb
February 26, 2010, 19:48
Originally posted by DYNOMIKE

It's important to recognize the POOFTERS and how they live so I can be sure to steer clear..

I guess thats kinda like listening to NPR and watching MSNBC for me.......... :D

DYNOMIKE
February 26, 2010, 21:38

I guess thats kinda like listening to NPR and watching MSNBC for me.......... :D

Yea just like that.. :tongue: :whiskey:

Mad Dog 7.62
March 02, 2010, 00:10
Originally posted by dawg180

Didn't know that! I am guessing they must have a reason, and my experience with it is that its probably a good one!!

Phessor
August 22, 2010, 16:16
Check your installation. Mine did that same thing when I first put it in. Turned out I incorrectly installed the spring in it. Reinstalled it correctly and never had another problem
Phessor :cool:

lightguy
August 29, 2010, 20:45
What does the trigger tamer do ?
And why is the AUG files a poofter forum ?
:?
Enquiring minds want to know.

CRShooter32
August 31, 2010, 14:04
Originally posted by DYNOMIKE

That's how it starts, you browse the forum, trying to see how the other side lives, see who they are, and their habits...

Next thing you know, you are looking at various bullpoop rifles and carbines at the shows, looking up manufactureres websites, surfing different bullpoop forums, wondering what it would be like to actually shoot one of them....

Then, you begin to look at one particualr model in a strange way, wondering what it would be like to shoulder such a crude looking rifle, how does it shoot, how accurate is it, I could try one, and if I don't like it, can sell, or trade it, and no one will know...

Then, before you know it, you are hooked, and order one from your local gun pusher, counting down the days till the rifle arrives at your dealer, wondering if people like slow, or JonnyReb will see you. the day arrives, and you enter through the hallowed doorway of your FFL, ID in one hand, cash in the other, you watch as the dealer takes the rifle out of the box, and there it is, in all it's glory, and poofter rifle of your very own. You quickly look around to see if those certain people are looking over your shoulder, then, set a world record onfilling out the form 4473, and hope the instant check goes just as quick.

Soon, you have the little bullpoop packed up, and are heading to your vehicle of choice...if it's a Toyota, then the poofter rifle is the right choice for you, of course...if not, oh well, :tongue: You get home, and quickly unpack the little wahtever make and model you got, and shoulder it to find you like it, and the realization hits you, you like the poofter rifle, you like bullpups, and now you are just like those 'Filers who got caught in the web!

Ask me how I know...cause this is how it started for me...:aug:

And yes, I like my StG556 better than an AR.

CRShooter32
August 31, 2010, 14:09
Originally posted by lightguy
What does the trigger tamer do ?
And why is the AUG files a poofter forum ?
:?
Enquiring minds want to know.

The Trigger Tamer lightens the trigger pull of the AUG type rifle.

Bullpup rifles are refered to as bullpoops, poofterpups, or poofter guns on the 'files, cause they are supposedly favored by poofters, or so some would say...

lightguy
August 31, 2010, 18:40
^
Thanks.

I never really got into bull pups before I got the AUG. They were interesting diversions and thats all. Most were some sort of weird AK variation. Even the Valmet bullpup was semi-cheesy.
For me it was the FAL.

AUGs on the other hand are the real deal as well.

h8pvmnt
September 13, 2010, 16:06
I also installed a TT in my MSAR. The MSAR is a gen 1 gun that i upgraded with a e-4 stock. I did both at the same time. Have been out 2x and the same thing happens. It fires once reloads the next round and click nothing. Pull charging handle and out comes a round with a very light primer strike. Does this over and over. Worlds most expensive and complicated single shot. Not sure how you can install the spring wrong but i will double check that. The TT is going to go away if i cant find an obvious issue. Any pictures or insight would be helpful. TT says they don't recommend there products with the MSAR rifles.