View Full Version : Problem with Natchez

February 09, 2010, 17:29
I recently got a G19 and wanted to order some more 15 rnd mags. While checking out at Natchez, the computer kicked out my mag order because I live in Cincinnati. Now, our illustrious city council DID have a ban on mags over ten rounds, but in 2007 the state legislature passed a law that preempted local ordinances that were stricter than the state statutes, rendering several such local laws null and void. After several E-mails to Bob Moates at Natchez, they still won't change their policy. I even looked up the pertinent sections in the state revised code. No dice. Anyone else in SW Ohio have this problem?

March 09, 2010, 23:08
I know why they still won't. As long as the city has the law on the books, they can still charge you with a crime and you have to get a judge to dismiss it on grounds of state premption. It generally would be a very short case, unless you got a rabid anti-gun judge and had to appeal a conviction. There as occasional judges who make the claim that state premption laws only apply to new local ordinaces. In their case, it would be expensive if the city decided to apply the law to them as they are located out of state. It is something that the antis like to do to drive costs up.

March 10, 2010, 20:06
Well, I talked to a nice guy at the AGs office yesterday. He said that even THEY aren't sure whats legal where in Ohio. He said the state supreme court has been asked to provide guidance on the several confusing lower court decisions. Have to wait and see. Having said that, Natchez is the only company that ever refused to take my money. Midway got em here in two days.