PDA

View Full Version : problems seeing all the pics

Texgunner
February 07, 2010, 18:35
I'm having a problem seeing all the pics in some threads. Sometimes, they show up, then next time I check the thread they don't. Sometimes, if I refresh the page, there they are, sometimes that doesn't help. FWIW, it's a new PC, Dell w/ Windows 7. I think I've got all the settings correct but who knows. I appreciate any advice, this is getting nutty. Thanks, Gary.

English Mike
February 10, 2010, 02:08
If the pic's are hosted elsewhere, then it could be your firewall, ESPECIALLY if it's a Norton product.
Sometimes it's just bandwidth making it take forever for the images to load.

Texgunner
February 11, 2010, 12:00
Thanks Mike! I tweaked some of the security settings and things are better now. But, at times, the images still don't show up; I think the bandwidth issue mentioned is the culprit there. I lose patience and move on. I appreciate your reply.
Gary

btw. I'm using BitDefender as my AV program.

AndyC
February 13, 2010, 12:46
I get this at times too - I see it more often with Firefox as a browser, as I use it at work under Windows and at home under Linux. I just hit Refresh and the pics usually appear.

Weird thing is, sometimes I see just the HTML code of the webpage in Firefox at work (using Windows) - hit Refresh again and it clears up - and it only ever happens on this site.

Weird stuff.