PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Machine suppressors?

GOVT1911
January 23, 2010, 04:06
Anyone own a Thompson Machine suppressor? Soecifically, the Zephyr or Zephyr XL. I've been looking around for a .22 can to fart around with and I've read some good reports from a few guys over on silencertalk.com.

The price seems very good and the reviews I've read seem to report good sound reduction. The problem is, I don't "know" any of the people reporting on it, ya know?

I just wanted to see if any 'Filers have any experience with these cans or Thompson Machine.

Thanks

Artful
January 26, 2010, 20:57
I don't have any first hand experience - waiting on Silencerresearch to get some in to test and get some numbers - but all the buzz is positive so far

GOVT1911
January 29, 2010, 06:03
I think I'm going to see about picking up one of the Zephyr XLs while I'm home on leave. Well, I'll order it then but will have to wait until after deployment to pick it up.

I plan on using it on a 10/22, .22 AR upper and possibly P22 and a .22 conversion on a ParaOrd if I can get a barrel for it.

Artful
January 31, 2010, 00:04
adco can extend most barrels

GOVT1911
January 31, 2010, 06:05
thanks. I'll check with adco on the barrel for my ParaOrd .22 conversion...

panaceabeachbum
October 01, 2010, 22:54
Thanks for the intrest, you can drop Brooks@ThompsonMachine.net an email or PM me if you have any specific questions. Thanks Richard

CG&L
October 02, 2010, 19:21
I have a number of suppressors, 223 and 22LR, and have found that sound suppression is just one aspect and not a real important one. Most suppressors will work reasonably well

What you may want to look for in a 22lr suppressor is ease of cleaning and durability(with a 22 you can go through quite a few rounds)

What will be the host? A rifle or a pistol?
Weight might be THE determining factor for a pistol

Either way, a take apart can is a must when dealing with the 22LR