PDA

View Full Version : I just paid for my first NFA Firearm!

Firestarter
January 22, 2010, 18:16
Ordered an AWC Badlander suppressed .22 pistol today.

Now I wait for them to file the form 3 send it to my dealer.

Then all the other red tape and wait time.

But it is started now at least! :biggrin:

Artful
January 26, 2010, 20:55
Congrats - now you can get started on gathering up all the different kinds of 22LR to test with and see which it likes best and is most quiet.

M2MG
February 05, 2010, 12:35
Welcome to the addiction

M2MG

AlaskanMBR
February 05, 2010, 14:06
Yes, it is an addiction, and a very satisfying one at that.:bow:

Bulwyeth
March 01, 2010, 21:58
Originally posted by M2MG
Welcome to the addiction

M2MG

Yep, welcome to the sickness!

:biggrin:

Firestarter
March 01, 2010, 23:36
My dealer finally received it after 4 weeks on the form 3 on Fri. I did get to at least fondle it! I shouldn't have even looked at it as now the wait is gonna feel longer.

I was impressed with how light the front felt. I somehow expected it to feel front end heavier. If it shoots as well as it looks I'm going to be very happy!

I got a haircut today. :rofl: Going tomorrow for the passport photo's and then to the State Police HQ for fingerprinting. My dealer is taking the form 4 to the Sheriff for the signoff after that.

pmf
March 02, 2010, 09:12
You got a haircut?

I try to get the most scumbag looking picture I can for a form 4. The ones I've been using were taken 3 days after my second kid was born. I look exhausted and haven't shaved in several days. They don't deny you for the photo, so you might as well get a memorable one. If I could figure out how to have flames coming out of my ears in the picture, I'd consider doing it.

Skilter
March 02, 2010, 09:20
patience is a virtue in this game... congrats.

CeeKay
March 25, 2010, 21:24
Originally posted by pmf
You got a haircut?

I try to get the most scumbag looking picture I can for a form 4. The ones I've been using were taken 3 days after my second kid was born. I look exhausted and haven't shaved in several days. They don't deny you for the photo, so you might as well get a memorable one. If I could figure out how to have flames coming out of my ears in the picture, I'd consider doing it.

^^ Next time, get the following:

Sharpie/henna tattoo kit (henna are temporary).
Fake body jewelry, the kind that clamps on instead of actually piercing a hole. Also magnetic work quite well...
Hair dye, neon green, neon orange, or red would be the most significant...
Clippers...

Do yourself up a mohawk, with prison- or gang-styled tattoos all over your face and neck area... A septum piercing (Think Zulu with a bone through his nose), labret (bottom lip, think African tribes with the big dinner plates hanging off their jaws), earrings, eyebrow ring, etc...

Remember to bleach your hair stark-white before dying, as it will pick up the neon colors the best this way...

Also remember not to use actual gang-related tattoo art... This may be a clear sign to ATF to deny the hell out of you and also probably investigate (raid) your ass. ;)

- CK