View Full Version : 556 sling?

January 19, 2010, 22:23
I was kind of surprised that my 556 Classic did not come with a sling. Does anyone have suggestions for a good sling for this rifle? I don't think I'm sold on these advanced tactical slings. They seem to be overly complex not to mention pricey. What do the Swiss use on their 550's?

January 20, 2010, 08:11
If you can find one, the Port HK G3 nylon sling works great. It's a two point (not the multi sling like HK has) with the hook and clip. CDNN used to have them for cheap but I have not seen them in stock for a while. Gunbroker is another source.

January 20, 2010, 09:11
Try member deavis. I think that's his user name. I bought one of his "MASH" slings and they are great. He was great with prompt delivery, and quality is outstanding. Price -----can't remember what it was, but I remember it was very fair.

January 20, 2010, 09:56
Bought a new HK leather sling at a gun show for $10.00.

Front end has the HK snap hook that goes through the sling ring on the gas block. Butt end wraps the sling bar on the classic stock and fastens with the sling button.

I did change out the classic stock for a PE90 Swiss military buttstock from Colorado Gun Sales. It does not have the sling bar ala the Classic stock just the sling ring

Purchased an HK (type) snap hook from Numrich and put it on the butt end of the sling. Works fine as a shoulder sling.

Mad Dog 7.62
January 21, 2010, 15:07
I second Deavis. I had him make one up for me with HK type hooks on both ends and it works perfect!