PDA

View Full Version : How do I "unregister"?

JJinWI
January 12, 2010, 15:11
Hello,
I joined falfiles last spring and have been lurking ever since as a fully registered member under a different name. It wasn't until last fall that I tried making my first post. Actually, I wanted to contact another member who had some alloy FAL magazines for sale. Unfortunately, I found myself blocked from posting, contacting other members, private messaging,,I couldn't do any thing. I sent four emails to the moderators but received no reply.

I finally tried re-registering under my current alias and got in. Now I'm wondering how to make my previous registration name go away? Any suggestions?

Now lets see,,,,I wonder if that fellow has any magazines left?

Thanks,

John

Survey Punk
January 12, 2010, 17:03
Originally posted by JJinWI
I sent four emails to the moderators but received no reply.

Sit rep, negative.
SNAFU! :shades:

JB

martin35
January 12, 2010, 17:19
People with dark glasses wearing black suits will contact you,,, do nothing until then.

English Mike
January 12, 2010, 17:28

I didn't get one. :cry:

:biggrin:

I'd just forget about the non functional one if I were you.

toolman5256
January 12, 2010, 17:34
Originally posted by limeyinaz
I wouldn't worry about it.

Lot's of folks here have multiple registered names (and personalities), for differing reasons.

hey me and myself resemble that ! i mean resent that!

JJinWI
January 12, 2010, 17:41
Well, I guess I'll just let it sit in corner of the www and collect dust. I prefer not to leave a trail of litter in my wake; it's an old habit from my elite mall security days.

Take care,

John

Fn/form
January 12, 2010, 23:45
Well, I guess I'll just let it sit in corner of the www and collect dust. I prefer not to leave a trail of litter in my wake; it's an old habit from my elite mall security days.

Take care,

John

hehehe, i like that ending.

Survey Punk
January 13, 2010, 08:53
Once a Ninja, always a Ninja. :rofl:

JB

Deltaten
January 14, 2010, 21:27
Hell Yeah! with quips like that, you should post more. We need some new material ;)
really!!!!!

hawk962
January 14, 2010, 22:19
Was pretty fresh :D

Radio
January 14, 2010, 23:57
I sent four emails to the moderators but received no reply.I didn't get a thing from you. Is it because I had to cut back on the Christmas card list this year??

--Radio

W.E.G.
January 15, 2010, 00:14

I never heard from you.

JJinWI
January 15, 2010, 09:10
Radio and W.E.G.,

Sorry guys, I can't explain the emails not going through. While trying to figure out why I couldn't post, it seamed the only thing that did work for me was the "contact us" tab. Each time, I sent an email to webmaster@falfiles.com it appeared to go through. I just checked my outlook sent file and my send dates were 10/22, 12/10, 12/11, and 12/13 of 2009.

Anyway, I didn't know what to do, so I tried re-registering under a different alias and now I'm in.

I've poked around under the control tabs at the top of this forum and couldn't figure out how to "un-register" my first alias (JohnnyJohnsoninWI), so I posted the question here.

I was also wondering if there is some kind of time limit where if you lurk too long, you can't post? I registered the first time in the Spring of 2009 and didn't attempt my first post until the Fall.

Thanks,
John

W.E.G.
January 15, 2010, 10:18
Man, your whole post is full of fail.

First, the most probably reason why you couldn't post is because you probably didn't reply to the auto-generated email that all discussion-boards send when you register.

No response to the registration email, means no posting privileges for you.

You sent an email to webmaster@... ?

Please.

That never works on any board anywhere.
The "webmaster" has to set up an email address to configure the board during initial installation of software on the server. After that, the reins are turned-over to others. You will never get a response from ANY web site if you send emails to "webmaster@..."

W.E.G.
January 15, 2010, 10:20
I can delete the "JohnnyJohnsoninWI" user name if you want me to, or I can make the board re-send you to the password, or I can just simply fully activate that user if that is what you want.

If you want me to do something with that user name, you need to send ME a PM, and tell me what is your correct current email address.

JJinWI
January 15, 2010, 10:43
W.E.G.

"Man, your whole post is full of fail."
I apoligize if I've gotten off to a bad start with you on this forum. My first post did express frustration on my part at not being able to post. My third post was more specific to show that I wasn't merely blowing smoke.

"First, the most probably reason why you couldn't post is because you probably didn't reply to the auto-generated email that all discussion-boards send when you register."
I believe I did reply, but I won't argue this issue because I really don't remember the details from nine months ago.

"You sent an email to webmaster@... ?

Please.

The "webmaster" has to set up an email address to configure the board during initial installation of software on the server. After that, the reins are turned-over to others. You will never get a response from ANY web site if you send emails to "webmaster@...""

I have never been nor will I probably ever be a webmaster or moderator of any forum. I didn't know that the "contact us" buttons don't work, nor have I read any information stating that they don't work. Obviously, I would have contacted a moderator directly, but I couldn't post emails or PMs to them.

I will PM you with my emal address so that you can make one of my registrations go away.

Thanks,
John

pmf
January 15, 2010, 12:21
Originally posted by W.E.G.
Man, your whole post is full of fail.

First, the most probably reason why you couldn't post is because you probably didn't reply to the auto-generated email that all discussion-boards send when you register.

No response to the registration email, means no posting privileges for you.

You sent an email to webmaster@... ?

Please.

The "webmaster" has to set up an email address to configure the board during initial installation of software on the server. After that, the reins are turned-over to others. You will never get a response from ANY web site if you send emails to "webmaster@..."

Geez, give the guy a break. Not everone is so web knowledgable. Hell, I still carry cash in my wallet.

Radio
January 15, 2010, 16:53
Statement of fact, NOT a judgment. "Full of Fail" means numerous errors. I just registered on a new website Wednesday and immediately went to the email address I'd entered, clicked on the link and completed the registration. This is just SOP in these matters. Somebody who doesn't KNOW that is a real internet no0b and will be encountering other problems later. If you are a person that finds this entire thing to be an Unexplored Country, you really need an experienced friend to act as a guide.

"Give the guy a break"??? You just got done watching Barney, right? :rolleyes: :tongue:

W.E.G.
January 15, 2010, 17:24
Still waiting for that PM.

Either I pissed the guy off royally, or well.... http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/smileys/exclaim.gif

JohnnyJohnsoninWI
January 15, 2010, 23:12
Hi All,

W.E.G. took care of me.

Thanks,

John

W.E.G.
January 15, 2010, 23:49
Look at that.

See, I'm only a dick most of the time.

JohnnyJohnsoninWI
January 16, 2010, 08:31
Hi Limey,

"did you used to fly Spitfires by any chance?"

I'm not sure if that question is more hip internet speak like "full of fail" is, so I'll take it at face value. No I never have. It would have been a wonderful experience, but I missed that era by about 40 years. I love the sound of those V-12 Merlin engines at airshows.

The only experience I have with air planes is having taken off 20 more times than I landed. All static line and all at night (errr,,,I was so scared, my eyes were closed).

Thanks,

John

L Haney
January 16, 2010, 13:14
Originally posted by JohnnyJohnsoninWI

The only experience I have with air planes is having taken off 20 more times than I landed. All static line and all at night (errr,,,I was so scared, my eyes were closed).

Yeah, but. I peed myself my first jump. Non-military. So closing yer' eyes don't seem so bad now, do it?

English Mike
January 16, 2010, 18:53
The fighter pilot's name was James Edgar Johnson but he went by "Johnnie" Johnson. He finished WWII with 38 confirmed kills (all fighters) & later rose to the rank of Air Vice Marshal.

owlcreekok
January 19, 2010, 10:35
Now that WEG got his all sorted, can I get my account deleted ?

:smile:

The post count is embarrassing as hell.

:tongue:

owlcreekok
January 19, 2010, 12:54
Blow me