PDA

View Full Version : Any RTF fans out there?

Timber Wolf
January 09, 2010, 08:47
Picked up my Christmas present to myself a couple of weeks ago, a lightly used Gen 3 22 from AIM. Have handled it a lot and shot it a little and it is OK but I don't see myself loving it. Out of the blue yesterday I fell into a 22RTF at a VERY reasonable price (package deal with some other guns/stuff). Was not looking to add another Glock to the safe but really wanted the rest of the deal and the RTF was icing. Well, as it turns out I REALLY LIKE THE RTF! I have not shot it yet but it just amazes me as to the whole different feel the RTF gives to the same gun. I may like a Glock yet.:uhoh:

1911Ron
January 09, 2010, 16:47
RTF:confused: :confused:

Timber Wolf
January 09, 2010, 17:51
Originally posted by 1911Ron
RTF:confused: :confused:

Stands for: Rough Texture Frame

Just got back from the range and I do like it better then the standard grip. It IS pretty rough on the hand for a long range session but as a grab and actually use when the SHTF I think it is definitely better. Still don't like it or shoot it as much as ANY of my other .40 caliber (or .45, 9, 10, etc.) handguns though. Well, I like it better then my Glock 20 & 21. My .40 Hi Power shoots MUCH better even with it's terrible trigger (mostly due to the magazine disconnect). Just when I think maybe it is ME shooting poorly I pull out another gun and cluster a mag full close together on the target. Oh, maybe it is not me after all but this combat tupperware I was using. :redface: :redface: I need to quit buying Glocks and get some new grips and a trigger job on the Hi Power.;)

tiblow
January 09, 2010, 23:13
yep, love my G19 RTF. Not one bit of grip slipage hot or cold, love it!!! :biggrin:

big dee
January 09, 2010, 23:50
Love my G17 RTF2. Like the old slide cuts though.