PDA

View Full Version : Contribution, No Reply

docjfg
December 22, 2009, 20:27
I made a contribution a week ago via Evil PayPal. Been lurking and wanting to become a member for a long time. I haven't received a response of any kind. I emailed Jen; No Response. Under 'user cp' my Membership Status is "None." Am I doing something weong? HELP!! -Jerry

Survey Punk
December 22, 2009, 21:23
You are doing exactly right. The same thing a millennium of members are doing.
Waiting for the powers what is to Shit or get off the pot.

JB

nwobhm
December 22, 2009, 22:15
Originally posted by docjfg
I made a contribution a week ago via Evil PayPal. Been lurking and wanting to become a member for a long time. I haven't received a response of any kind. I emailed Jen; No Response. Under 'user cp' my Membership Status is "None." Am I doing something weong? HELP!! -Jerry

Jerry, Welcome aboard. Be prepared to never receive credit for your contribution. It's common practice around here.

Blaster
December 23, 2009, 20:09
Give it 6 months or a year and even then it's still a maybe. :devil:

Deltaten
December 23, 2009, 21:44
A week??
A bit premature compared to some, I'd venture ;)

Welcome aboard... and to the madness, Jerry

docjfg
December 24, 2009, 09:22
Thanks everyone. Until now, I thought good holster-makers offered the slowest service to us shootists. After reading some colorful threads on contributions/membership, I see that the File's madness has them beat by a wide margin. It's also a fantastic resource because of the membership! Good to be aboard, and thanks again. -Jerry

jimmbob
December 24, 2009, 23:10
Yep, it takes a while to receive credit for your contribution but it's well worth it. It's good for users of this forum to contribute, no matter what the contribution. This is a great place and ANY question you may have about FAL's can be answered here in great detail. Enjoy and welcome to the files.

ThunderGod
December 27, 2009, 12:53
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, you were serious?:eek:

Jen won't even bother to drive to her PO Box when she's been told there are donations waiting for her.:rolleyes:

Blaster
December 27, 2009, 17:30
Originally posted by ThunderGod

Jen won't even bother to drive to her PO Box when she's been told there are donations waiting for her.:rolleyes: [/B]

:mad:

jeffrey
January 03, 2010, 21:21
I sent a bronze level check in june and I'm still listed as "moochin deadbeat". Way past the point of worrying about it. Most of the members here have taught me a lot.Considering I knew absolutely nothing about FALs when I joined up, this site has been a great resource. Of course, I'm still a clueless bubba, but we strive for progress, right?

chenry
January 04, 2010, 10:05
good things happens to those who wait

flashx
January 04, 2010, 14:31
I sent in a check in Aug of 2009 and havent got credit for it yet Dont hold your breath till its posted You might be a pretty shade of grey by then

robmac
January 05, 2010, 17:40
I sent checks in both mid-2008 and mid-2009 - both were never cashed.

It is absolutely one of the most astonishing things I have ever witnessed!

Blaster
January 05, 2010, 19:55
Originally posted by robmac
I sent checks in both mid-2008 and mid-2009 - both were never cashed.

It is absolutely one of the most astonishing things I have ever witnessed!

Almost makes some of us question just how bad the financial situation of the FAL Files really must be in when this happens yet a plea will probably be coming down one of these days soon for additional money just to keep this site "limping along".:confused:
Although it's quite embarrassing to constantly be harping about the chronic problem of our contributions not being kept up to date on a timely basis, we still have not seen any real positive results yet for those of us choosing to use the U.S. Postal service to carry our contributions...

OK, now the good friends of the owner can light up their flame throwers and flame away.:biggrin:
Blaster - OUT.

Alien1
January 05, 2010, 20:07
I have considered contributing, but havent due to just this lack of service that this thread is going on about. If Im going to pay for something, I want to see a return on it. Apparently the site isnt hurting for fundage.

flopshot
January 05, 2010, 20:23
Originally posted by Blaster

Although it's quite embarrassing to constantly be harping about the chronic problem of our contributions not being kept up to date on a timely basis, we still have not seen any real positive results.... .

in a normal business enviornment this would be unheard of. guess this ain't normal.

jeffrey
January 06, 2010, 22:07
Originally posted by Alien1
I have considered contributing, but havent due to just this lack of service that this thread is going on about. If Im going to pay for something, I want to see a return on it. Apparently the site isnt hurting for fundage.

Alien1,

So you're saying only reason for doing something good is to get public recognition. I've gotten way more than my moneys' worth in knowledge gained and enjoyment, so I really don't give too much thought about the public "atta-boy". I'll send a check next year with or without a change in my member status.Unless Jen makes DABTL a moderator-then I'm gone.:uhoh:

Alien1
January 06, 2010, 22:43
Originally posted by jeffrey

Alien1,

So you're saying only reason for doing something good is to get public recognition. I've gotten way more than my moneys' worth in knowledge gained and enjoyment, so I really don't give too much thought about the public "atta-boy". I'll send a check next year with or without a change in my member status.Unless Jen makes DABTL a moderator-then I'm gone.:uhoh:

Define your version of something good. Public recognition is what one gets when the contribution gets credited, but also one has to contribute to post pics, unless you want to host them on a different website.
So yes, I'd say its a status thing. Public atta-boys not needed just good timely service for funds rendered. Its an honor thing cause this is the net and thats all we have is our word.:fal:

jeffrey
January 06, 2010, 23:26
I guess I knew better than to post in response to your comment.Not worth arguing about it. If my point isn't crystal clear, re-read your post.

I called it "something good" because it's a totally voluntary donation,not a mandatory payment.Yeah, there a few perks thrown in to encourage contribution, but you can read,post and learn here for years without paying a cent.

cheers,
Jeff

JohnnyReb
January 07, 2010, 07:53
It works both ways. They forget to take you off the list too. ;)

hagar
January 07, 2010, 08:32
Originally posted by JohnnyReb
It works both ways. They forget to take you off the list too. ;)

Yup, and when they start caring again, I will start donating again..:rolleyes:

robmac
January 07, 2010, 10:07
See - that's the thing.

FAL-FILES has great value for me - I WANT to contribute.

But I can only beg, cajole, and plead for someone to take my money so long before I realize that it isn't doing any good.

MBrady
January 29, 2010, 09:00
Has there been any progress on the failure to update contributors status? I would of donated anyway, but as a contributor I can post attachments. There have been a couple of posts where I could of contributed, but right now I am unable to post pics!!!

vmtz
January 30, 2010, 20:02
Originally posted by MBrady
Has there been any progress on the failure to update contributors status? I would of donated anyway, but as a contributor I can post attachments. There have been a couple of posts where I could of contributed, but right now I am unable to post pics!!!

I use my own ISP for posting pictures. But photobucket and their ilk also work. You will nust need to post the URL and use an img tag to let us see the picture.

Fr. Vince