Ssarge
December 18, 2009, 14:37
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/589100942

jugrunner
December 18, 2009, 17:13
Imagine that ... A 4th Gen. teh suc ... :rofl:

brunop
December 18, 2009, 19:41
The minute I saw the thread title "4th Generation Glock", I knew that Jugrunner was going to have posted already. :biggrin:

I hate Glocks, and I own three anyway. Got sold when Gabe Suarez took his loaded G19 and threw it twenty feet in the air. It bounced off the pavement, didn't fire, and he picked it up and ran 17 rounds into the target no problem.

He turned around and said (looking at me and my dad) "I'd like to see you boys with those custom 1911s drop your gun in a fight and have it perform like that." He also pointed out that even if there wasn't a fight, we'd be crying about the ding in our pistols.

Bottom line = I love 1911s, and I can shoot them accurately and quickly. I have one on the nightstand. But they are heavy, and only carry 8+1. I carry a Glock for EDC because they are light, resistant to sweat, and work as a tool.

And yes, they are ugly.

jugrunner
December 18, 2009, 21:22
Originally posted by brunop
The minute I saw the thread title "4th Generation Glock", I knew that Jugrunner was going to have posted already. :biggrin:

I hate Glocks

And yes, they are ugly.

fixed it for ya ... :wink:

anyway:

Thanks my friend !! ... :bow: ... it's comforting to be known and accepted for who I am and what I truly believe ... :D

in the true spirit of Christmas, glad tidings to all you Glockers ... :whiskey:

andrewan
January 04, 2010, 08:07
If people would actually READ the owners manual for the Glocks it says to only move the slide back slightly less than 1/4 in and pull the pins down to strip it. The problem is most people pull it back to far and it cocks it. I have straipped mine 100s of times and only have to pull the trigger when I'm in a hurry.

Besides isn't the first rule of cleaning a gun making absolutely sure there is no ammunition in it/around it? If you follow the rules you shouldn't have to worry about pulling the trigger to get the slide off.

BTW I don't think the dimpled grip would be all that good. I think it would make it slick and hard to hold onto.

Fn/form
January 04, 2010, 15:14
Some detail pics are out, not high resolution tho. If you can view facebook:
Ed's Public Safety - 4gen Glock photos - Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=134778&id=147550831588&ref=mf)

If those don't work:
Blog photos (http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/12/25/glock-gen4-unveiled/)

I'd have one if they had the 9mm out. Only the .40 is in stock at my dealer.

Fn/form
January 11, 2010, 17:14
Picked up a Gen4 G22. Significant improvement in fit/comfort. I like it a lot. The grip stipple is more comfy than Gen3, for me. More gripping, but less grabby on clothing than RTF.

I'll be putting a good round count on it before an upcoming 800rd course next month. It might make it to the duty holster.

It needs a set of nights sights. Shop didn't have an Mepros. Any input on Truglo tritium/fiber sights? Need to do some research.

Ssarge
January 11, 2010, 17:45
I didn't think the 4th gen was going to be available until mid-year?
Got any photos?

Fn/form
January 11, 2010, 19:51
Originally posted by Ssarge
I didn't think the 4th gen was going to be available until mid-year?
Got any photos?

Look at post #6 above, those are a few pics. The pistols have been in some dealers' stock since Christmas.

Ssarge
January 12, 2010, 00:10
I was just going by what Glock had said earlier. Glad they are out there but I won't buy another,

Stranger
January 14, 2010, 09:22
Originally posted by Ssarge
I was just going by what Glock had said earlier.

Maybe that's what happened with the Glock recoil spring guides as well. You have the wrong information because you weren't paying attention. :wink:

crcksht
January 19, 2010, 11:30
Best thing about this is the older gens will drop in price as some look to "upgrade". There will be lots of bargains to be found.

I never had a problem with the gen 1.

Fn/form
January 19, 2010, 12:07
Update.

The square-stipple grip surface is very good, at least while the edges are new/sharp. ;-) I was surprised at how used to the Gen 3 compact frame I was... it took some fiddling to get my support grip right for the Gen 4 full size.

The tips of the grip fingers on my strong hand wrapped around to the side grip panel on the support side of the pistol grip. The aggressive panel grip pattern/cut was very uncomfortable at first. It went away, but I'm not sure if my fingers got used to it or went numb. Or maybe figuring out my support hand grip helped it.

AACK 17-22 kit worked fine.

millerphys
January 25, 2010, 16:34
Gonna get to shoot a 4th 17 on Wed, Friends dad brought 10 back from shotshow, since he is a big wig manufacturer of night vision. Son works with me, so I will let you know what I think

My biggest concern will be the grips. I loved the RTF, and loath my older gen 3 without a liberal dose of skid tap, skate tape, or soldering iron work.

Post later.

Fn/form
January 26, 2010, 10:32
I also really liked the RTF, but it tended to wear clothing/cause pilling.

The Gen4 is not as 100% comfy, but it will probably self clean better in crappy environs and not cause wear on clothes.

Coverbuster
February 01, 2010, 20:10
Gen 4's are the suck . Ugly .

I carry a Glock every day , not my C&S 1911 . Plus I need another G17 in tan to top off the group , not a Gen 4 ...................

Timber Wolf
February 02, 2010, 16:32
Originally posted by millerphys
I loved the RTF, and loath my older gen 3 without a liberal dose of skid tape, skate tape, or soldering iron work.

I blundered into a sweet deal (cheap) on a G22 RTF a month after buying my po-po trade-in G22 Gen3. I was not impressed with the regular G22 and am amazed at how the RTF makes the same gun feel entirely different (better). I immediately swapped the regular G22 to a guy for his G27 and we are both happier. I actually shoot the little G27 better then I did the regular G22! The RTF is a handfull of sandpaper for range sessions but I figure I will not care if the SHTF and I actually have to use it on some BG.

Fn/form
February 08, 2010, 20:05
Originally posted by Coverbuster
Gen 4's are the suck . Ugly .

I carry a Glock every day , not my C&S 1911 . Plus I need another G17 in tan to top off the group , not a Gen 4 ...................

Are you sure you're not talking about the abortion ("C" shaped finger grooves) between the Gen 3 and the new Gen 4? Gen 4 looks very much like the Gen 3.

moses
February 08, 2010, 23:24
I never liked a Glock until I picked up a RTF 2 G17.
I love the RTF2 frame!
The fish gill serations on the side look ok to me but they aren't very easy to grip.

IVAN SAMPLE
February 13, 2010, 00:21
I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT THE GLOCK GEN4 GUNS LOOK LIKE JUNK. I THINK THEY TRIED TO FIXED SOMETHING THAT WASN'T BROKE. I WILL TAKE THE GLOCK GEN3 OVER THE GEN4 ANY DAY. IN FACT I'M LOOKING TO BUY G19 FOR CONCEAL PURPOSES.:cool: