PDA

View Full Version : I used to be a hater but the Glock Stole My Heart

FloridaGunCollectors
December 10, 2009, 21:30
Guys, I have to say, I hated the glock. There was no lines of beauty,nothing special. No bells or whistles just what you need to get the job done most effectively and the fastest. Well,after 20 years of refusing to own one, I bought a LNIB 1st Gen G17. I WAS EVEN Getting into many stupid arguments on the net. I have to admit I have become a born again glock lover. Praise the green glock. It is a blast! Accurate and reliable. Can't ask for more now a a days!

I also was a die hard .45 acp only fan. Don't get me wrong I love a 1911 but I can't stand any of the high cap .45 acp guns.I tried the Glock .45 hi cap and hated it, then I bought the FNP .45 which I like but it is not very accurate at all in my opinion. I admit I am not done with my full testing of the FNP .45 but at the moment it looks like I may be getting rid of it due to the way it acts when I am shooting it. The groups are very inconsistent. I am trying to figure out why. While testing I tried the glock and was blown away. I apologize glock lovers you were right!

:sad:

Alien1
December 10, 2009, 21:40
The glock will do that to you. I never liked em either until I fired one in Iraq.
Saw what it could do, got home and bought one.
They are fun guns

hagar
December 10, 2009, 22:25
I was both a Glock and a 1911 hater. Now I don't hate the Glock anymore!:bow:

The first Glock I shot, a 1990's edition G17 was pathetic. I don't know if there was something wrong with it, belonged to a friend of mine, but it would not hold a 10 inch group at 10 yards over a rest. I bought a G26 in 1996 on a whim, and was pleasantly surprised with it. So much so that I bought a G20, and was astounded by it. I still think the G20 is the best Glock ever made, the G17/19's are great, but they have a lot of competition that come close. The G20 stands alone by itself, there is no other pistol that even compares.:beer:

Shootability
December 10, 2009, 22:37
I bought Sigs for years - shot a 226 9mm - lots of rounds - very accurate and robust gun. Got a G17 and now rarely pick up the Sig - feels better in my hand and I adjusted to the terrible grip angle and shoot faster and more accurate - got a G21 and like it a good bit, but still prefer a 1911. Times change - better adapt.

GOVT1911
December 11, 2009, 04:19
I too, was a Glock Hater without ever having fired one. Then a few years ago I shot a buddy's G21 and that very afternoon went and bought one! Yes, it's got a big grip, and is U-G-L-Y, but the damn thing goes BANG every time I want it to and hits what I want it to.

I'm still a die-hard 1911 fan, and my EDC (Stateside)is a 1911, but my BOBs have glocks riding in them.

I've inadvertantly become a "collector" of former LE Glocks. I've got 2 factory "refurbished" G21s from Nebraska State Patrol, a 22 from WA State Police and a 23 from Washington University Police Department (WUPD on the slide LOL)

I kinda enjoy the badges engraved on the slides, thinking about what kind of stories they could tell??

Andy the Aussie
December 11, 2009, 17:37
I have owned every generation of the 9mm guns made up until the most recent offerings. My Gen 1 slick grip (no serial number on the frame, just the slide and barrel) had 1000s of rounds down range and was not cared for as it should have been. During an armoury inspection the armourer was amazed at how much red dirt was lodged in the internals of the gun. It still worked like clockwork..!!

Andy:biggrin:

FloridaGunCollectors
December 11, 2009, 18:17
I had actually traded in a low end springfield armory 1911 in 9mm that was in a parked finish to get my glock. Had a jamming issue due to mag, found out magazines were about $30. Then I thought if I am gonna have a 9mm then I need a double stack, case closed. Time went by and then I saw the glock 17 I own now with less than 50 rounds through it and scoffed it up for my 1911 and a C-note at http://www.floridaammotraders.com

FloridaGunCollectors
December 11, 2009, 18:27
I might as well ad a picture for ya'all

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa69/BADKARMA_05/DSC01218.jpg

You know which one she is! Then there is my FNP .45, My Rossi .357 loaded with silver tip Glasier Safety Slugs.. My Star Pistol which I just wrote a range report on at another forum.....http://www.thepatriotsfist.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12.

Anyway, It is nice to see such fun stories on getting new guns and how so many hated and now they have nuttin but love for the G!

:skull: