PDA

View Full Version : What the heck does "permanent hold" mean?

tarkassian
December 07, 2009, 23:39
I look at the status of my DSA order and it tells me it's on permanent hold...not "back order". How permanent? Like, until-Satan-is-snowmobiling-to-work permanent?

W.E.G.
December 07, 2009, 23:41
:rofl:

DSARep
December 08, 2009, 08:56
I am told that means it is back-ordered and the delivery status of the item ordered is not certain, but it is expected to come in. In other words it is not cancelled, just waiting on a delivery.

John

tarkassian
December 08, 2009, 11:26
Ah, thanks for the info.

Survey Punk
December 08, 2009, 11:56
In the meantime they hold your money. Yes?

JB

keiser
December 08, 2009, 14:29
Originally posted by Survey Punk
In the meantime they hold your money. Yes?

JB

DSA has never charged me a dime until they ship unlike many other companies.

Survey Punk
December 08, 2009, 20:25
Originally posted by keiser

DSA has never charged me a dime until they ship unlike many other companies.

I'm hip. As it should be. But how long do you wait for a part from DSA before you oder it from Gunparts, etc.
Maybe you can tell I'm not a real DSA fan. Their customer service is so spotty as to be almost occluded.
Now there's a $5 word. :|

JB

keiser
December 09, 2009, 14:33
Originally posted by Survey Punk

I'm hip. As it should be. But how long do you wait for a part from DSA before you oder it from Gunparts, etc.
Maybe you can tell I'm not a real DSA fan. Their customer service is so spotty as to be almost occluded.
Now there's a $5 word. :|

JB

It is your right to go somewhere else to procure products. DSA is not Exxon. Small companies (most gun companies are) don't always have the resources to have stock on the shelves all the time. The first priority for DSA is no doubt, the rifles they produce. I'm just happy they sell FAL parts to us. They could choose to quit doing that at any time. Given the huge spike in orders since Barry took over, I think we are lucky to get anything. They also have suppliers and I would guess they have issues ramping up production and still maintaining quality. All companies need to look down the road and decide whether the demand they see now will still be there in 6 months to a year.

If you have ever worked for a small company or owned one, you would understand this. You can literally put yourself out of business if you get carried away on the one hand while you have lost business on the other.

brunop
December 09, 2009, 16:37
DSA has given me good support with multiple orders I've placed.

They are far from perfect, but they are better than decent.

JMHO

hawk962
December 16, 2009, 20:55
I'll have to put another vote in the + column for DSA. It's been a little while since my last order, but ALL orders were either completed timely, or backorder info overcommunicated. Quality has always been A+

sparkeyboaz
December 24, 2009, 01:30
I debated adding anything to this post. I am new to the FAL Files but have learned alot from all the info I've read here.
I stumbled upon the Receiver DEAL, and was very pleased to learn that a great product got even better.
Long before I became acquainted with the files, I'd heard of DSA. I was into AR's and they were out of my budget.
Now I've grown very fond of the FAL's and just wanted to ask one question, or maybe just make a short statement.
Even though it does take time to acquire the parts we order from DSA, what other manufacturer of FAL's is there that you can build your own matching upper, lower, barrel and other related parts?
I've read their firearms HOLD more value in the long run.
I'm not implying that there aren't other manufactures with great parts. Just that they offer us the oppurtunity to purchase what we need to build our own CUSTOM DSA SA58!
I've been waiting for awhile on some parts but I'm content to know they will eventually get to my order. I've cancelled a couple of small items and added other larger items. They have always been polite to me and answered my many questions.
That goes along way in my book.
Not to mention the huge discount on the receivers!
Thanks again DSA!
Sincerely, Sparkeyboaz

xtremerange
December 24, 2009, 08:49
Sounds like "We have all the tooling and the material is readily available but we don't think we could sell enough of these to cover the setup costs. If there is a change, where we find out there are more people who want this than we think, we will make it again."

DSARep
December 24, 2009, 11:12
Ummm.....no. Come on now, that has to be in jest. I cannot imagine you would think a company would list items in its web site and publish them in a print catalog just to see if someone would order them before making them. I realize members get frustrated with the order process, but really????

John