PDA

View Full Version : Korean Glock Mags

rowjimmy
November 25, 2009, 22:05
Please share your opinions on these mags, I'm thinking of getting some. They are less than half the price of regular factory Glocks.

Thanks,
RJ

Shootability
November 25, 2009, 22:21
I had very bad luck with the 10 G17 mags I got. In the Summer the base plates got soft and released. I replaced the base plates with Glock plates and the mags have been problematic feeders and I have gradually replaced them with Glock mags.

I sometimes use them as range mags - never for competition.

big dee
November 26, 2009, 01:38
I bought some of the "KHAN" branded mags. Very unreliable, run awayyyy!!

xtremerange
November 26, 2009, 08:22
I have 4 Korean G19 mags and 4 Korean G17 mags that have been perfectly reliable through a couple hundred rounds each.

onebigelf
November 26, 2009, 10:12
I have a half dozen of the G19 mags and have had zero issues with them, but I also have 8 factory mags so all I use for carry is the factory stuff. I rarely carry an extra mag and only on a few occasions have carried more than 1 spare so most of my factory mags are still in the original packaging as stored spares. I use the Korean stuff for range shooting not because I'm uncomfortable with it's reliability, but because I'm saving wear on my carry and spares. I run an occasional mag through the ones I carry to check them and shoot the crap out of my Koreans.

John

yarro
November 26, 2009, 16:15
I have the KCI made ones and have not had a problem with any of the 20 except for one that had some mold flashing that need removed inside the mag body. The ones made by Kahn do not have a good rep.

-yarro

Captain Steinbrenner
November 26, 2009, 16:43
All I can say is.....stay the feck away from this Pieces Of Chit!!!:skull:

rowjimmy
November 30, 2009, 20:44
Thanks...I will not buy.

fal fiend
December 01, 2009, 12:25
I bought 2-g22 mags , niether held open, but both fuction ok.

speedy7201
December 15, 2009, 23:32
I just posted a link to these Mag's at $15 each in the Glock Forum when I saw this thread.
I will post a link to the Mag's that I recently purchased and are still on sale for $15 each.
I purchased 4 mag's at the $15 and so far they seem to work great.
The ONLY issue I have had was when loading one of the Mag's, it seemed to have a slight issue in accepting the round's w/ the Speed loader. As I added more rd's, the issue seemed to work itself out.
When I reloaded the same mag, I had NO PROBLEMS.
Here si the link to the Mag's I ordered from. Please Do Not buy so many that I lose this price, LOL.
Glock 33rd 9mm Mags $15
http://www.botachtactical.com/vigl9mm33ma.html

Good Luck
Dave:biggrin:

speedy7201
December 15, 2009, 23:53
rowjimmy- I just read your Statement that stated- Thanks, I WILL NOT Buy.
Jimmy, I'll make this statement and you take from it what you wish.
I have a friend that is gun knowledgeable. He is the type that when I find a good deal on AMMO at a great PRICE, his automatic reply is that it MUST be JUNK. He is also the TYPE that even though at most time's he doesn't have a pot to pizz in, if he can't buy named brand stuff, then he does w/o and HONESTLY, this type of person has ALWAY'S gripped my azz.
The exact same thing happened when I found these mag's and ordered them, his forst word's were that they were JUNK. However, once I rec'd the mag's and told then showed them to him, he all of the sudden changed his opinion to " Well, that is what I had alway's been told", NOT that he had experienced any problem's, but that some other jerk off had told him not to.
The BEST thing that I can tell you, is go to the link in the Glock Forum that I posted for the Mag's at $15 each, purchase one or two and try them yourself. At the very least, you'll have 2 extra Mag's for the same price as one that will at the very least work MOST of the time OR, you may find that they ACTUALLY work JUST as well for HALF of the price.

Good Luck
David

reforger
December 17, 2009, 13:50
No problems feeding into my G19, but they do not drop free. I wouldn't use them for anything other than the range.

rowjimmy
December 17, 2009, 19:13
Originally posted by speedy7201
rowjimmy- I just read your Statement that stated- Thanks, I WILL NOT Buy.
Jimmy, I'll make this statement and you take from it what you wish.
I have a friend that is gun knowledgeable. He is the type that when I find a good deal on AMMO at a great PRICE, his automatic reply is that it MUST be JUNK. He is also the TYPE that even though at most time's he doesn't have a pot to pizz in, if he can't buy named brand stuff, then he does w/o and HONESTLY, this type of person has ALWAY'S gripped my azz.
The exact same thing happened when I found these mag's and ordered them, his forst word's were that they were JUNK. However, once I rec'd the mag's and told then showed them to him, he all of the sudden changed his opinion to " Well, that is what I had alway's been told", NOT that he had experienced any problem's, but that some other jerk off had told him not to.
The BEST thing that I can tell you, is go to the link in the Glock Forum that I posted for the Mag's at $15 each, purchase one or two and try them yourself. At the very least, you'll have 2 extra Mag's for the same price as one that will at the very least work MOST of the time OR, you may find that they ACTUALLY work JUST as well for HALF of the price.

Good Luck
David

Uh, I was looking for something a little more reliable, and cheap if possible...the mixed results swayed me against them... I would pay more for reliability.

Carolina Slim
December 17, 2009, 22:42
I bought two Korean mags with a pouch cheap at Shooters World right after I got my 19. Haven't opened them until now. Thank goodness they are KCI according to what I am reading here.

Both mags were sealed in GI looking paper packaging so there was no indication of MFR. Just opened one and it says KCI on bottom.

A little bit of plastic flash that needs to be trimmed but other than that seems ok.

Drops free from my 19 when I hit the mag release button with no problem.

speedy7201
December 18, 2009, 22:12
Carolina Slim stated that his mag's state that they are KCI. The mag's that I purchased from Botach for the $15 DO NOT state KCI.They do not have any marking's other than 33rd on the bottom. So I am not sure who the manufacturer is.

David

arakfal
December 31, 2009, 01:35
I bought one of the KCI G19 mags and after some some smoothing out it worked fine. However, the spring was just really, really, weak in it. It was also shorter than other factory Glock mags that I have. I replaced the spring in it with some kind of old smith and wesson spring I had laying around. I just use the KCI when I go shoot at rocks or random crap. I don't use them for anything serious. With the price of factory Glock mags right now, I would just stick with them.

Carolina Slim
December 31, 2009, 14:57
Yeah, arakfal, I took mine to the range the other day and the spring does seem a little weak. Either that or the follower is not quite properly shaped. It seems to want to tilt when I load it and it does not work well with the little magloading tool that ships with the Glock. I'll try replacing the springs, see if that makes a diff.

They feed fine though, no FTF's.

arakfal
January 01, 2010, 12:02
Originally posted by Carolina Slim
Yeah, arakfal, I took mine to the range the other day and the spring does seem a little weak. Either that or the follower is not quite properly shaped. It seems to want to tilt when I load it and it does not work well with the little magloading tool that ships with the Glock. I'll try replacing the springs, see if that makes a diff.

They feed fine though, no FTF's.

Yeah there was like a piece of plastic blocking my follower from engaging the slide hold back(catch). I took a knife to it. I initially had a lot of problem getting the baseplate off of it; especially when compared to the factory glock mags, but now that i've taken it apart a few times, it seems like its gonna just slide off one day when I am shooting it. Of course I paid like $15 for it back when factory glock mags were like $30 everwhere. I would also suggest not leaving it loaded, b/c I did that when I first got it, and with only 2 rounds in it, it felt like the rounds were just gonna fall out b/c of the lack of spring tension.

DK
January 02, 2010, 00:36
CDNN has the factory Glock G19 15rnd mags for $19 and change/ea.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/gl199mm15drf.html

DK

bykerhd
January 02, 2010, 10:50
Check CDNN's New Year's Special while you are there too.
They have the genuine Glock 9mm 33 round mags on special at $ 29.99.

arakfal
January 06, 2010, 22:03
Originally posted by DK
CDNN has the factory Glock G19 15rnd mags for $19 and change/ea.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/gl199mm15drf.html

DK

Yeah and they dropped their shipping prices. Also, if you have a C&R license they will knock 10% off. Just fax it to them, bam discount. Wish I wasn't so poor right now.

speedy7201
January 07, 2010, 00:01
Cheaper Than Dirt.com has the Glock Factory 33rd mags right now for $19.97.

Good Luck

bykerhd
January 07, 2010, 00:16
Wrong mags speedy7201. Those are Korean.
They have real Glock 33 round mags for $ 32.97.

winston smith
January 30, 2010, 15:14
for what it's worth I have 30 of the 17 mags mixed some kahn some kci and some blank. I have left these mags loaded for months at a time and taken them to two day training classes and have only had one FTE in that time. I have close to 12,000 threw these mags total and I will probably buy some more just to have them stashed. like I said this is just my own personal experience, and who am I so like i said take it for what it's worth.
thanks for your time.

DougW
January 31, 2010, 22:32
I have 2 KCI G17 and 2 KCI G19 mags, and all function just fine. I will be using them for range/practice mags.