PDA

View Full Version : dumb question on a glock 37

mace2364
November 22, 2009, 21:07
Got a dumb question about my 37. Is it possible to switch out the barrel(and other nessicery componets) so that I can shoot something alittle more availible in the way of ammo? I know you can do something like that with the .40 cal models, in switching the barrel for a 9mm one. I'd like to actually be able to shoot mine.

Oh and did anybody ever make mags for the 37 that hold more than 10?

thanks

mace2364
November 29, 2009, 22:40
C'mon, someone has to know something here

gunner30
November 30, 2009, 09:44
Maybe you should trade it in for a 36 and stay with 45 ACP? Just a thought? I know I've bought new floor plates for my 9mm mod 26 that allow me to add a round or two and get a better grip. No idea about bbl changes though? Have you tried posting on Glocktalk.com? They would be all over that question, but not as much fun as the Files cogniscenti

4x401
November 30, 2009, 11:41
Switch out the barrel and mags for those of a G-21.

That, and shit can the G.A.P. crap. It was a solution to a non-existant problem.:rolleyes:

IMHO,
NEVER, EVER, buy ANYTHING that only shoots a propriatary cartridge. I haven`t seen any cartridge designed in the last 50 years that could do anything ANY better than something already in use.

AFAIK We`ve reached a plateau with metalic cartridge design. There`s really only so much that can be done in the confines of a brass/steel case.

What we need now are the next generation of wonder guns, rail, plasma, etc....
:p

mace2364
November 30, 2009, 23:28
I bought this gun from a friend of mine for $250 a few years ago. "mama said" he had to sell it. For that price I couldn't turn it down. I was just looking for a way I could actually shoot it.

Will the G21 parts fit in a G37 frame? I had heard the purpose of the GAP was to put a .45 in a smaller frame.

4x401
December 01, 2009, 00:03
Yea, thinking about it your right. That was the intended pupose of the GRAP round. .45 ballistics in a 17/22 platform. I shot them a few times at the Glock matches when they came out. The "snappy" recoil impulse reminded me of the "other" propriatary round I despise, the FO TAY S&W. I`d just sell the damn thing. Fortunately your in at a good price, throw it on Gunbroker and start it at $250. I`m sure some dumb shit will buy it.