PDA

View Full Version : How about putting your STATE in adds for gunsales in marketplace

Squint
November 22, 2009, 18:37
If you are willing to do a FTF in your state it would save potential buyers the hassle of trying to find an FFL to do a transfer. I would pay $50-$100 more for a firearm that I can check out before I buy and take home that day.

Deltaten
November 23, 2009, 13:50
Yeah Squint... that or fill out the damm'd info in the user CP. Not like Uncle don't already know what fer State yer in!! :rolleyes:

rowjimmy
November 23, 2009, 17:21
Alright Paul, who told you we were watching :D :wink:

Deltaten
November 23, 2009, 19:30
just hadda feelin'
:D

Squint
November 24, 2009, 21:23
Bump

Blaster
November 24, 2009, 22:33
I tried to promote that idea of the sellers at least giving their general location when listing an item for sale, a couple years ago but it never got off the ground. Seems that most here on the Files do NOT want "someone" to be aware of their location even by showing what state they are located in. :rolleyes:
I am located in Colorado.:)

Squint
November 25, 2009, 02:19
I moved to New Mexico about 4 months ago. I haven't had time to set up an FFL to do transfers for me. There have probably been guns posted for sale that I would have bought if I had know the seller was local to me. Just sayin.

MAINER
November 25, 2009, 09:10
Not me! Ain't tellin' nobody where I am! :rolleyes:

xtremerange
November 25, 2009, 10:58
Would be helpful to know the state. I am more likely to respond.

Blaster
November 26, 2009, 08:56
Originally posted by MAINER

I don't believe you'd be expected to furnish your exact location with longitude and latitude, just the State ( and just the State info only if you really want to sell something on the Market Place):rolleyes:

English Mike
November 26, 2009, 21:01
Originally posted by MAINER

I think that comment passed over Blaster's head at Mach2+, 50,000' & climbing. :rofl:

Blaster
November 27, 2009, 07:44
Originally posted by ENGLISH MIKE

I think that comment passed over Blaster's head at Mach2+, 50,000' & climbing. :rofl:

Are you perhaps referring to that double negative (ain't - nobody) :biggrin:

English Mike
November 27, 2009, 17:40
Originally posted by Blaster

Are you perhaps referring to that double negative (ain't - nobody) :biggrin:

No
Non
Nein
Nyet
Não

Is this a wah?

I'm referring to his state being his username. :smile:

MAINER
November 28, 2009, 11:03
Kudos to English Mike! :bow:

Blaster
November 28, 2009, 20:16
Oops, here I thought it meant main like "main liner". Gotta be able to decode the cryptic stuff.:biggrin:
Can't ever be really sure of a FALers location by checking his "handle/name" - example, like English Mike's location especially since I thought he was located in Australia since he's so dang difficult to understand......:shades:

English Mike
November 28, 2009, 22:18
Originally posted by Blaster
Oops, here I thought it meant main like "main liner". Gotta be able to decode the cryptic stuff.:biggrin:
Can't ever be really sure of a FALers location by checking his "handle/name" - example, like English Mike's location especially since I thought he was located in Australia since he's so dang difficult to understand......:shades:

Damn' cheek! :uhoh: :tongue: :biggrin:

Ricketts
November 30, 2009, 17:49
I reside in the State of Confusion.

jimmbob
December 06, 2009, 16:41
Originally posted by Squint
If you are willing to do a FTF in your state it would save potential buyers the hassle of trying to find an FFL to do a transfer. I would pay $50-$100 more for a firearm that I can check out before I buy and take home that day.

I'd much rather pay a little more for something I can see before buying, even if the seller still required an FFL for recordkeeping purposes. I like the idea of having the State listed.

Blaster
December 07, 2009, 20:55
Originally posted by jimmbob

I'd much rather pay a little more for something I can see before buying,

This is the main reason for most of my gun related purchases being made at the various gun shows.
I want to see what the condition really is AND then be able to take it home with me without the wait and suspense to determine if it's really as advertised, that is IF I ever receive the item that was to be shipped.:smile:

homelandprotector
December 12, 2009, 21:43
I'll take it!