PDA

View Full Version : my M16 was approved!!!!

jaykden
October 27, 2009, 12:01
so, i went pending on july 7 with sandra snook as my examiner.

i FINALLY was approved on 10-20 (i called to check on 10-22)...

my dealer got the paperwork yesterday morning!!!!

so now i get to wait till the 9th to pick it up from him

:sad:

why, you ask? because the nearest FFL/SOT is in juneau, and i live in sitka.

alaskaair wants to ding me $350 to fly over so i planned on going on ferry... but the schedule sucks. up until a few days ago, the plan was to go on the ferry on sunday, 11-8 and come home on the 10th...

but thats before my buddy who works for alaska airlines offered me a free ticket to go out to adak island to hunt caribou. we'll leave on 11-5 and return home on the 9th... now THIS works out perfect as the alaskaair jet flys through juneau on the way home. i'll get off monday morning in juneau, then catch the evening flight home...

WITH MY M-16!!!!!

Fn/form
October 27, 2009, 12:21
freakin A!! sweet!

skyhigh340
October 27, 2009, 12:58
outstanding!!!

M2MG
October 27, 2009, 13:12
Welcome to the addiction.

M2MG

AlaskanMBR
October 27, 2009, 14:21
Awesome!!! Now you're going to want a sweet can to put on that!:D

Lee Carpentieri
October 27, 2009, 15:28
Welcome to the NFA Addition, And you thought Fals were additive. Just remember, Now you buy 5.56x45mm by the cases. Enjoy, Lee.

jaykden
October 27, 2009, 18:32
man, i thought the last few months was bad...

this next two weeks are going to draaaaaag...

anyway, i have several uppers for it. a 7" 9MM upper (i'm going to install the KNS pins so that the 9MM bolt doesn't hammer it too bad. to help things more, i bought a ramped bolt from ADCO).

i also have a 11.5" blasting upper (of my 2 SBR uppers, this one is the least accurate). and i have S&W 5.45X39 upper for it.

i have alot of ammo (10,000 rounds of 5.45) not as much .223 but still quite abit. and about 4000 of 9MM.

this'll get me started.

i'm figuring i won't go through the 5.45X39 stuff as much because its corrosive, and i will not use corrosive unless i know for sure that i'll have time to take it to the shop for a proper clean (hot water/ compressed air) right after shooting.

i also got the auto trip and counter weight for the ciener .22 kit i have.

it works just fine in semi auto, but i have heard that they are hard to get going in F/A. but hey, for 40 bucks (cost of two parts) i figured, why not try?

also, if i do get a suppressor, it'd prolly be a 9MM so i can shoot subsonics through it...

or... get a .300 whisper upper and a .30 can..

hehhehehehee

:devil:

jef302boss
November 02, 2009, 19:42
Get a hydraulic buffer (Enidine from Brownells) to add to your M16 stock. It will slow the rate of fire down just a bit, and reduce the number of FTF & FTE.

Make sure all of your extractor springs are new, extra powered, or add a simple little black "O" ring to the extractor. No more FTF or FTE.

1 more thing, add a new firing pin into all your FA Bolt Carriers. 1 less thing to go wrong.

Congrats. Be safe. Welcome to the club.

Skilter
November 02, 2009, 23:51
Originally posted by M2MG
Welcome to the addiction.

M2MG

:)