PDA

View Full Version : AWC Amphibian?

Firestarter
October 16, 2009, 18:12
Looking to purchase one. Really have liked what I've seen.

Any thoughts?

AlaskanMBR
October 16, 2009, 19:52
Never shot one, but I've heard good things. If you've got the $$$, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?:biggrin:

I've got most of the guns I want, more cans are next!

Firestarter
October 18, 2009, 10:56
Originally posted by AlaskanMBR
Never shot one, but I've heard good things. If you've got the $$$, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?:biggrin:

I've got most of the guns I want, more cans are next!

I don't have the money yet. I plan on selling some parts and things off that I don't need first.

(My wife has been a bit dismayed about the frequency of my firearm purchases of late.) :biggrin:

Artful
October 19, 2009, 15:45
In it's time the Amphibian was one of the best...

Unfortunately the Amphibian does NOT come apart for cleaning... I was told it would take YEARS of heavy use before needing to be disassembled for cleaning.
But having several 22 hosts and a cleanable can I would say that's only true if you only average less than two bricks a year.

Heard one shot side by side with a Warlock, I had thought about it until I heard the 2 of them next to each other and found the Warlock to be significantly quieter.

Don't know if this is still the case, but I read a test of one a few years ago and the measure muzzle velocity iwth CCI mini mags was around 700-800 ft/s.
That's air rifle velocity. Of course it was designed to be used by SEAL's emerging from water unable to take time empty the water from the pistol so you might see a boost in velocity in those conditions.

Doug Melton builds Intregal that has better velocity and you can clean the ports and blast baffle. also pretty darn quiet
http://www.srtarms.com

http://www.johnsguns.us/
makes one but you can't clean the ports but you can get the baffles out of it to clean.

Although I went with screw on can that could be disassembled for cleaning and use on other hosts, but what ever makes ya happy. :wink:

Firestarter
October 19, 2009, 17:55
Hey I appreciate the tips!

Checked out John's site, looks like some quality stuff!

AlaskanMBR
October 19, 2009, 20:21
Originally posted by Firestarter

(My wife has been a bit dismayed about the frequency of my firearm purchases of late.) :biggrin:

You and me both!

I can't sneak anything by her, not that I would. But if I COULD, I might consider it.:biggrin:

Artful
October 19, 2009, 20:29
Originally posted by AlaskanMBR

You and me both!

I can't sneak anything by her, not that I would. But if I COULD, I might consider it.:biggrin:

That's when you get multiples -
she - "what rifles that one"
me - "AR15"
she - "Didn't you already have an AR15"
me - "Yep, it's the same one just changed the upper"
she - "you and your Barbie rifle, always buying new stuff for it."
of course what she doesn't realize is the old upper is on a new lower now"
:biggrin: