View Full Version : L1A1 receiver

September 24, 2009, 19:54
I called on Sept 4 to inquire about buying an L1A1 upper receiver for my first ever FAL and my first build of any type. They took my info, but in the ensuing days I called back at least three or four times (minimum 15 minutes on hold by the clock every time) to speak to Jessica or Nicole. By about the fourth call I was confident that I had indeed placed an order. The first day they said the wait time was "2 to 3 weeks". Well I picked up my receiver today. Tomorrow will be three weeks, so

September 25, 2009, 19:44
Munchoman, there was some confusion with getting a FFL to receive it (the one I originally tried kept saying he was going to fax his new number to them in five minutes). After a couple of tries on different days I just moved on down the list. So DSA is not to blame for that.

That I did not have an order number until the fourth call was the reason I was unsure whether I had a valid order before that point. After that it shipped within the week. Now I've got my parts kit and my receiver. I just need to generate a little more cash to buy the tools and I'll be set.

September 25, 2009, 23:11
Yeah, I hope the next one is as painless to acquire. It's true that I'm already planning my next FAL project even though this one is still unfinished.

September 26, 2009, 12:30
My DSA receivers (Inch and Metric) arrived last week...worth the cost...worth the wait. Thanks Nicole and DSA.

September 28, 2009, 07:50
Glad you like them!