PDA

View Full Version : L1A1 receiver

KevinGA
September 24, 2009, 19:54
I called on Sept 4 to inquire about buying an L1A1 upper receiver for my first ever FAL and my first build of any type. They took my info, but in the ensuing days I called back at least three or four times (minimum 15 minutes on hold by the clock every time) to speak to Jessica or Nicole. By about the fourth call I was confident that I had indeed placed an order. The first day they said the wait time was "2 to 3 weeks". Well I picked up my receiver today. Tomorrow will be three weeks, so

THANKS, EVERYBODY AT DSA!!

KevinGA
September 25, 2009, 19:44
Munchoman, there was some confusion with getting a FFL to receive it (the one I originally tried kept saying he was going to fax his new number to them in five minutes). After a couple of tries on different days I just moved on down the list. So DSA is not to blame for that.

That I did not have an order number until the fourth call was the reason I was unsure whether I had a valid order before that point. After that it shipped within the week. Now I've got my parts kit and my receiver. I just need to generate a little more cash to buy the tools and I'll be set.

KevinGA
September 25, 2009, 23:11
Yeah, I hope the next one is as painless to acquire. It's true that I'm already planning my next FAL project even though this one is still unfinished.

dansandbr549
September 26, 2009, 12:30
My DSA receivers (Inch and Metric) arrived last week...worth the cost...worth the wait. Thanks Nicole and DSA.

DSARep
September 28, 2009, 07:50
Glad you like them!

John