PDA

View Full Version : Sand Cuts - Factory order/need?

Zarboe
September 19, 2009, 21:26
Trying to finalize all what I want on my order, can I factory order sand cuts and what are the pro/cons of them? Will this slow down the order, can I put in later?

MBR29
September 21, 2009, 10:07
The receivers are all sand cut.

If you order a Para the carrier will be sand cut.

All new US bolts are also sand cut.

BUT if you order a fixed stock gun you will have to ask for a cut cut carrier, then they will install a new condition L1A1 surplus carrier.

platinumdude
September 21, 2009, 23:29
I bought an sa58C18 in January, with type 1 receiver, how do you tell if the receiver has sand cuts?

nwobhm
September 22, 2009, 19:23
Originally posted by MBR29
The receivers are all sand cut.

If you order a Para the carrier will be sand cut.

All new US bolts are also sand cut.

BUT if you order a fixed stock gun you will have to ask for a cut cut carrier, then they will install a new condition L1A1 surplus carrier.

DSA Type III receivers are not sand cut.

DSARep
September 23, 2009, 08:01
Sand cuts resulted from military testing by Britain that suggested very fine sand could cause malfunctions if it got into the receiver. As I understand it, this testing was done in a box with sand being blasted into the gun. Not a very realistic scenario, but I suppose might suggest worst case conditions in the Middle East. I would not worry about whether a gun had them or did not have them.

John

copenhagen
September 23, 2009, 13:51
Cleanliness is next to Godliness. When your life is on the line, a little CLP and a tooth brush after a patrol is not a bad idea.