PDA

View Full Version : Trade Century FAL for Bolt Action

rlhollo
September 04, 2009, 12:00
I have been offered to trade my century R1A1 (with a unibrow receiver but runs good) along with my romanian 22 I bought a few years ago, for a practically new Remington 700 LTR .308 with a Nikon Buckmaster scope. I already have a DSA STG 58 and have all the parts for another STG 58 kit on a DCI receiver boxed up ready to go if I can find a gunsmith to build it, so I am not trading my only FAL away. He has a Remington 700 heavy barrel with a longer barrel and does not like the shorter barrel that the LTR has. I could use the scope on another gun if the gun had long range potential and get a better scope for it.

Is this a good deal? Is the 700 LTR a good bolt action rifle? I have a .308 right now but it is in an old Remington 788.

Bascially would you do the trade if you had the opportunity?

Thanks for you advice.

MAINER
September 04, 2009, 15:25
$970 for the Remy 700 and $200 for the scope.

Sounds like a deal to me if you can use a 20" med. contour, fluted barrel .308 with a slimmed down Hogue stock.
Pretty handy rig, I'd say.

http://www.snipercentral.com/m700p.htm

cbr954fz1
September 04, 2009, 23:21
hosting another build party next weekend...too bad your not close by or else i would have said "come on over" and build that fal...:sad: cbr

DeputyVaughn
September 06, 2009, 07:29
I traded my Century L1A1 for a 1912 Chilean a couple years back. I've never looked back. The Steyr action on the Chilean is so smooooooth.

Scott

Hootsmon
September 06, 2009, 21:20
Hell, yes!!
Trade that puppy, the LTR is the best 700 that Remington has ever made.

IRONWORKER
September 07, 2009, 11:52
I have a rem just like that one except it's a heavy non fluted 26in - TRADE
My brother just got one of those LTR's & it's awesome, not only are they
tack drivers but they are short & light enough to carry on a all day hunt
I love my PSS but I made a big mistake by not getting a LTR, you will LOVE IT

IRONWORKER
September 07, 2009, 11:54
Originally posted by Hootsmon
Hell, yes!!
Trade that puppy, the LTR is the best 700 that Remington has ever made.

I didn't see this until after i posted, +10 - The LTR is the $hit!!!

rlhollo
September 07, 2009, 12:26
Thanks guys for all your advice. When I see him this next week I will tell him I am definitely interested in trading. If I end up getting it I will tell you how I like it. The only thing that I could see I disliked immediately was that he painted it. I think I can get it back off without harming the original finish.

BroncoMafia
September 10, 2009, 23:03
Originally posted by MAINER
$970 for the Remy 700 and $200 for the scope.

Sounds like a deal to me if you can use a 20" med. contour, fluted barrel .308 with a slimmed down Hogue stock.
Pretty handy rig, I'd say.

http://www.snipercentral.com/m700p.htm
It is an HS Precision stock, not a slimmed down hogue stock (whatever that is:confused: )
BIG difference.

MAINER
September 11, 2009, 18:46
Originally posted by BroncoMafia

It is an HS Precision stock, not a slimmed down hogue stock (whatever that is:confused: )
BIG difference.

Quite right. Don't know how Hogue got in there. :confused: Got one, not all that fond of it. HS is definately a step up.

Hebrew Battle Rifle
September 16, 2009, 22:25
rlhollo:
I have all of the tools to build and refinish your StG58 kit. I have access to a machine shop (Central Arkansas) so we can handle any problem that might arise. The refinish options include parkerizing, satin black GunKote, and matte black teflon moly. All that you have to do is show up with the parts and be willing to run the bead blaster (if you want to blast and parkerize your kit)

Respectfully;
HBR