PDA

View Full Version : Smith and wesson 19-3 4 inch

Douglas S Graham
August 15, 2009, 09:10
Just picked up this puppy in blue finish. Was owned by a police chief. Looks like it was carried a lot , fired little. If not for the holster wear at the muzzle, and where the strap held it into the holster, it would probably be 95 percent or better.Turn line is even very feint. But , I took it out, shot it at 30 feet, 10 shots into a quarter sized hole, and WHAT a trigger. These were fired double action as well. I did fire one single action, when the trigger broke, it surprised me (guess I'm used to my crappy FAL triggers:) ) The grips are factory new looking, so I'm guessing he had replacements on it for duty use. Very pleased with this gun!!!

MAINER
August 15, 2009, 10:24
Always liked S &Ws "Combat Masterpiece". Hard to beat it for an "all-around handgun"
Seemed like there were tons of used police turn-ins in the early 90's as cops switched to the wonder 9 and semi-autos.
I'm always interested in them, but with a 4" Colt King Cobra in the safe, I don't really need one. I'd be happy with either of them.

Nice find! Go easy on the magnums, they will shoot loose. 38 Special +P loads in mag cases work great.

BUFF
August 15, 2009, 20:56
The Model 19, and it's stainless steel brother the Model 66, was THE handgun to carry in law enforcement from the 1960's through the early 1980's, when semiautos began replacing revolvers en mass. Your "dash 4" was made between 1977 and 1982.

The M-19 is the "Combat Magnum." The "Combat Masterpiece" is the K frame, adjustable sight .38 Special with 2 or 4 inch barrel, also numbered as the Model 15.

S&W's double and single action trigger pulls have always been the standard of the industry.

ThePitbullofLove
August 17, 2009, 02:57
Did you say 19-3?

I've got a 19-3....they could be sisters....

http://images47.fotki.com/v1484/photos/2/28682/3007033/IMG_4222-vi.jpg

Douglas S Graham
August 17, 2009, 05:16
Pit, that is IT!! Mine looks just like yours, add holster wear!!! Nice grips, just like yours!! SHOOTER!