PDA

View Full Version : This has to be an ATF Darwin test...

Manedwolf
July 29, 2009, 17:00
They're...kidding, right? Right?

The semi-auto MAC 10 owes its popularity to the earlier, full auto version. This MAC10 modification manual (52 pages) presents six different methods of converting the semi-auto MAC 10 to full auto fire. All modifications are easy and require no difficult machining operations. The manual contains lots of diagrams and drawings.

51/2x81/2, Softcover, 52pp

http://www.keepshooting.com/booksandvideos/firearmmanuals/mac10_modification_manual.htm

I wonder if it comes with a discount on the guide to how to survive in prison?

jaykden
July 29, 2009, 20:24
since when is info illegal?

indy_Muaddib
July 29, 2009, 23:39
perfectly legal to own, i have a sizeable collection of conversion manuals.

4x401
August 01, 2009, 18:07
Originally posted by Manedwolf
They're...kidding, right? Right?

http://www.keepshooting.com/booksandvideos/firearmmanuals/mac10_modification_manual.htm

I wonder if it comes with a discount on the guide to how to survive in prison?

These conversion manuals have been around for years man. Where you been, under a rock?

Colt Vickers
August 02, 2009, 16:25
Keep in mind, that while the 1st Amendment does guaranty your right to possess this information, should you ever be the victim of an attempted prosecution for constructive possession of a machine gun because you have a (fill in the blank semi) *and* full auto parts, a halfway decent prosecutor will recognize that a manual like this can be used to show intent, or more importantly, lack of mistake. This is to a large degree academic, since unlawful possession of an NFA item is a strict liability offense and doesn't require the gov't to prove that you intended to break the law or even that you knew what you had. Not trying to be a killjoy, just a friendly reminder that the laws in this area are particularly harsh and you really need to "check six" on this stuff.

Tom

Artful
August 02, 2009, 21:30
Originally posted by Colt Vickers
Keep in mind, that while the 1st Amendment does guaranty your right to possess this information, should you ever be the victim of an attempted prosecution for constructive possession of a machine gun because you have a (fill in the blank semi) *and* full auto parts, a halfway decent prosecutor will recognize that a manual like this can be used to show intent, or more importantly, lack of mistake. [snip*]

Well by that daffynition just owning a computer and a semi-auto firearm with any part that can be modified to make a full auto part would get you the same treatment. Careful with that file boy you could be making a full auto part there.
And don't forget your shoe laces - and that pants pocket and bumpfiring. Good lord we are all evil devils :rolleyes:

:biggrin: :fal: :beer: = :bigangel:

Colt Vickers
August 03, 2009, 14:02
Originally posted by Artful

Well by that daffynition just owning a computer and a semi-auto firearm with any part that can be modified to make a full auto part would get you the same treatment. Careful with that file boy you could be making a full auto part there.
And don't forget your shoe laces - and that pants pocket and bumpfiring. Good lord we are all evil devils :rolleyes:

:biggrin: :fal: :beer: = :bigangel:

Well, you never know what the bear is going to do when you poke him with a stick. BATFE *really* didn't want to push the matter vis a vis the shoelaces, but you're damned skippy they would have if they'd been pushed back!

If you really want to get sick, read the federal appellate case from the 6th or 8th circuit that said an M-14 is "readily restorable" is it requires 6 hours and a full machine shop to get it to fire full-auto! Hell, a good machinist can probably start his own space program with 6 hours and the right machines!

And we pray for wisdom in this hour of need...Lord, hear our prayer.

Tom

Jaxxas
August 03, 2009, 15:20
The constitution is but the framework, the big problem is where the lines are drawn, and every administration draws the boundary lines differently.

Colt Vickers
August 03, 2009, 17:14
Well Jaxxas, it's not just the administration. There's a quote by Joseph Sobran, which, again, I'm going off of memory, I hope I get this right:

When you're kids are old enough, set a bed time for them, and make sure they go to bed at the same time every night. One night, send them to bed an hour early. When they tearfully protest that it isn't their bedtime, tell them you made the rules, and you can interpret them to adapt to changing circumstances. In this way, you will have prepared them for the U.S. Supreme Court's concept of the Constitution as a "living document."

Tom