PDA

View Full Version : QD adapter woes with the ATF

cotter
July 24, 2009, 19:14
A friend just sent me this: http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1245430936/15
From YHM: Sir,
Unfortunately I have bad news. We were finally notified by ATF Monday morning that we can no longer sell individual pistons, 3-lug adapters, fixed barrel adapters and most other components separately. We can sell a sound suppressor with one attaching device and that is it. We are not very happy to say the least. This is going to affect our business tremendously. Apparently, we were the first, and now ATF is going to go after all other sound suppressor manufacturers as well. We are going to fight this, and the owner of this company has already contacted some attorneys about taking legal action. As you saw we were forced to take all the products off our web page or face legal action by ATF. We are waiting to hear the final word on the QD mounts, and I am not expecting good news about them either. All I can tell you now is to be patient while we appeal ATF's ruling and hopefully get it overturned. Sorry for the inconvenience, however our hands are tied at the moment, and no one is more upset than us over this matter."
I am just starting to look into it but YHM has all their QD mounts marked as 'Out of stock' so it is not looking too good at the first glance.
Chad
Going to post in other parts of Files as well.

Puddingking
July 26, 2009, 01:01
This is phucking retarded. A backdoor job for sure. This can affect A2's, Smith Enterprise, or any flash suppressor that a sound supressor can mount on.

I wonder if they are going to want another stamp for the mounts.

101ABN327
July 26, 2009, 16:37
This is BS. They don't have any legal grounds to stand on. A QD mount does not lower the db level and without the actual suppressor does not constitute NFA. This is another attempt to ban by edict.

akajun
July 29, 2009, 07:55
I called YHM about this, the rep stated that management has told them not to sell anymore until they get a final determination from the ATF on all QD mounts, but nothing is set in stone yet. Nothing about moving supressors from gun to gun via a threaded barrell, just the QD mounts.

I dont see where this would stand a legal challenge.

DesertFALrat
July 29, 2009, 10:20
As long as the "thread adapter" doesn't function like an endcap it should be OK.