PDA

View Full Version : Fulton armory quality question

gauraprema
July 02, 2009, 06:12
Thinking of having a m14 clone built up and am looking a lrb and fulton.I actually have a SAI reciever and have thought to use it but will need to find a all USGI parts set.Any and all advis e is welcome.It seems that warbird knows alot about these rifle so his comments as well as all others are wanted and actually needed.Thanks

Survey Punk
July 02, 2009, 07:16
I knew a fellow that did some work for Fulton. He stated function, accuracy, reliability were not as important as how the rifle LOOKED when it left their shop.
Enough for me.

JB

molonlabe texan
July 02, 2009, 08:15
Originally posted by gauraprema
Thinking of having a m14 clone built up and am looking a lrb and fulton.I actually have a SAI reciever and have thought to use it but will need to find a all USGI parts set.Any and all advis e is welcome.It seems that warbird knows alot about these rifle so his comments as well as all others are wanted and actually needed.Thanks

I did ALOT of research and I went with a Polytech as a base and I added USGI parts in the important areas.

I let Tim aka Warbird do the bolt fitting. Tim is able to fit the bolt to a chinese barrel (forged chromelined BTW) which is something Fulton claims cannot be done. This suggests a higher level of knowledge in M-14s/M1a's that Tim exhibits. I don't know why Fulton can't do this or won't and when I saw the reviews and feedback for Tim it was a no brainer.

It's a very nice rig. Not match quality but excellent quality and accuracy.

And when you slam the bolt home you get that nice bell ring.

I would send it to Warbird if I was you when you are ready.

2barearms
July 02, 2009, 15:33
I would get on Tim's site and find the number and see what his schedule
looks like as he's generally got a little backlog. Next I'd look at getting some
SEI parts for your build, they are about as close to GI as you can these
days. The only thing not on the list is a Forged Bolt, but they're working on it.
BTW their parts are very reasonably priced too and they're new.

W.E.G.
July 02, 2009, 16:26
Clint McKee always has done right by me.

Seaweed
July 03, 2009, 14:59
I bought three receivers when they had a 20% off sale years ago.

One I made into a .243. It functions fine but shoots to the right. The barrel timing seems ok so I assumed it is a bent barrel. It takes quite a few clicks of windage to center it on the target. It's going to become a .308 soon.

The second I built up on USGI parts with a Geneseo very good barrel. I traded it for a Colt 1911, like new built in 1918. The gent that got it (ex marine) is happy with it.

The third I built up on USGI parts with a SAK NM barrel, again very good. With the rear sight centered it took one click of windage to center it and it made one ragged hole at 25 meters with 5 shots with Port ammo.

I don't consider myself a gunsmith, just a gunmechanic. But these three went together without a problem with any of them, and are capable of very good accuracy without the expense of all the bells and whistles