PDA

View Full Version : Mauser Model 66 Interchangeble Barrels

XxWINxX94
July 02, 2009, 00:03
Hi all, just need some info on Mauser Model 66 Interchangeble barrels. I have 2 that I am looking to sell and I don't really have a price because I can't find them anywhere on the internet. One is in 270WIN, and the other is in 243WIN. Both are in Very Good to Exellent condition. The complete gun goes from $2000-$4000, so these barrel's can't be cheapys. If anybody knows anything, post what you know please!!

Thanks

splattermatic
July 02, 2009, 23:55
i'll give ya a hundred bucks for em..

sportsnut
July 03, 2009, 18:26
Originally posted by splattermatic
i'll give ya a hundred bucks for em..

LOL, thats a load of help.

splattermatic
July 03, 2009, 19:20
well,
i don't have much info on it, other than i brought mine back from germany in the 80's.
they are a switch barrel rifle, that came in standard and magnum actions, and in several grades. the top of the line is engraved and has gold animal inlays.

they were imported for a few years, then stopped for several years, and reimported again.
i don't know if they are even still made or imported.
the izzy idf uses a a hb .308 version with a thumbhole stock as a sniper rifle.
finding one is rare, and barrels are useless except for this particular rifle. they cannot be remachined to fit anything else.

mine is in 7x64 brenneke and has a straight 6x scope set in claw mounts.

i do not need any more barrels, but if he wants to make a few bucks, that's what i'm offering.

it would be very, very exspensive for me to have scopes, or mounts put on the barrels here in the states. so that's why i offered what i did. the total costs would far exceed any extra value i could add for additional barrels, if i were to sell one day.

sportsnut
July 03, 2009, 19:50
I had a feeling you had lots of info on the subject Splat.

splattermatic
July 03, 2009, 20:41
so what made you think i knew anything about it ?

brunop
July 13, 2009, 10:34
cuz you're smarter than throwing $100 at something that might be nothing?

splattermatic
July 13, 2009, 19:24
:biggrin:

Artful
July 14, 2009, 19:24
http://www.mauserwaffen.de/Service.53.0.html?&L=1

I have inherited a Mauser 66 and would like an interchangeable barrel and another trigger.

The company, Jehn Gustav Jehn GmbH, Postfach 1827, 59528 Lippstadt, Tel: 0294129090, Fax: 02941-23418, E-Mail: gustav@jehn.de has taken over the repairs and spare parts service for all Mauser products that were produced before 1999. Depending on the model, Jehn have a spare parts store that is still quite extensive for some parts. We appreciate your understanding that in view of the number of old models a complete supply with spare parts can no longer be guaranteed.

I'd call Jehn and inquire what it's worth, well I'd ask him how much for NOS or any used ones he has on hand.