PDA

View Full Version : Another going away gift...

sturmgrenadiere
June 19, 2009, 20:37
I liked my MSAR STG-556 so much I bought a legit AUG A1. But of course, I was already on my way to Okinawa and so my Dad picked it up from the FFL. So it will be months before I am back in the States and actually see or handle it. But at least i know it is there waiting...

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc177/bwg71/Picture094.jpg

For whatever reason I like these rifles a lot....

Ben

Andy the Aussie
June 19, 2009, 22:28
It is in good condition mate, the older ones do have a certain look about them compared to the ones fitted with all manner of rails/lights/GPS/vibrators etc etc etc.

Is the reticle on yours the normal "donut of death" or something different ?

Andy
:cool:

sturmgrenadiere
June 20, 2009, 08:52
Yep, standard early Austrian donut reticule. Which will suit my purposes just fine. I do like the modified post/circle reticule of the STG-556 too.

I too am not enamored with hanging all manner of things from these rifles. Granted, if this is going into a combat zone, there are certainly some nice to haves. But in real life, regretably I am not a ninja, so I don't need an A3 with a surefire, RCO, and a three point patrol sling to go shoot paper. I am a big fan of fundamentals and iron sights. Ok, in this case, factory optics...

Don't get me wrong. If "work" ever sends me where I need an M4 or A4, you betcha it'll be accesorized... But that's for real life.

K.O.A.M.
June 20, 2009, 11:01
Originally posted by sturmgrenadiere
But in real life, regretably I am not a ninja,

You're headed to the ninja homeland, right? Mix in a few classes and you could come back ready to operate right along Gecko45.:rofl:

Mad Dog 7.62
June 20, 2009, 12:29
When you get back, how about doing a side-by-side shootout with the MSAR and the AUG? I love my STG556 too, I cannot imagine any reason a "real" AUG could be made better or shoot better....it would be nice to know if there really is an advantage to the "real deal".
MD

davesrb
June 20, 2009, 12:46
Nice! I am going to have to pony up for one of these soon, whether an MSAR or an AUG. Problem is I am really out of room, so a FAL or an AR is going to have to go! I like to factory optic on these also.

Davesrb

olgier
June 20, 2009, 13:07
Originally posted by Mad Dog 7.62
When you get back, how about doing a side-by-side shootout with the MSAR and the AUG? I love my STG556 too, I cannot imagine any reason a "real" AUG could be made better or shoot better....it would be nice to know if there really is an advantage to the "real deal".
MD

+1

Andy the Aussie
June 21, 2009, 00:43
The Kiwi reticle is my favourite....they had us add a small/fine crosshair in the standard ring, as a result you retain the fast/snap shooting ability of the original but if you have and wish to take the time it is MUCH more precise. I have *somewhere* some of the zeroing targets we used with the standard sights that gave a large spot that filled the centre of the rig so you could have a consistent aiming point.

Ben, PM me an e-mail address as I have a PDF brochure you may find interesting.

Andy:shades:

xcpd69
September 04, 2009, 13:35
Originally posted by Andy the Aussie
The Kiwi reticle is my favourite....

That the one in the image of a sheep's hindquarters?

Somehow seems appropriate, poofter rifle and all...

:rofl:

Andy the Aussie
September 04, 2009, 17:38
Originally posted by xcpd69

That the one in the image of a sheep's hindquarters?

Somehow seems appropriate, poofter rifle and all...

:rofl: ...... yes...the Kiwis also utilised a wool lined sling, wool lined carry case, wool magazine pouches....errrr you get it.... ;)

sturmgrenadiere
September 05, 2009, 08:00
I am yet to have anyone who calls an AR or AUG or AK-74 a poofter or poodle shooter who will allow me to shoot at them with one. I'll even do it from 500 yards.

Granted, I am quite the 7.62 NATO loyalist, but the offer stands :D

Though it will be without the lamb's wool brass catcher.