PDA

View Full Version : Any way to retrieve deleted PMs?

kotengu
June 17, 2009, 10:15
I struck a deal with a member who I think has disappeared with my money. It wasn't a lot, but it's the principle of the matter -

I don't recall the name, but I know I both posted in his WTS thread and traded a few PMs about payment details. I've tried searching the marketplace forum for any threads I've posted in, but the thread is gone or not coming up in a search.

If I deleted the PMs from my sent and inbox folder, are they gone forever, or is there any way to retrieve them? This was within the last month or two at the most.

Thanks,

Matt

jugrunner
June 17, 2009, 14:49
search your membership info for "all post made by you" ... you should be able to find the info u seek

kotengu
June 17, 2009, 15:08
Nope - nothing there. If the original poster deletes the entire thread, I don't think it keeps my posts on that thread.

W.E.G.
June 17, 2009, 15:11
Member-deleted threads are usually recoverable by any moderator.

Member-delted PM's are NOT recoverable by any means I am aware of.

Did you post an "I'll take it" to his thread?

What was the item?

kotengu
June 17, 2009, 15:26
It was for an Imbel handguard set. I posted an "I'll take it" requesting a PM for where to send payment.

It may be a little hard to find, as he was selling several different items in the same thread. Not sure when the thread originated, but I'm pretty sure my post was after May 30th - I melted my handguards at the GA FAL match that day and was looking for replacements!

If you can find the old thread (or at least the original poster's info) I'd be greatful, Gary -

jugrunner
June 17, 2009, 16:17
Originally posted by kotengu
Nope - nothing there. If the original poster deletes the entire thread, I don't think it keeps my posts on that thread.

that's correct ... sry I couldn't help ...

W.E.G. is helpful on important stuff like this ... otherwise ... not much ... :rofl:

kotengu
June 23, 2009, 10:20
Scratch that - I received the handguards this weekend. I guess he's just a little slow, but it made me nervous when his post had disappeared. Thanks for the help anyway!