PDA

View Full Version : Repair Times

healedknee
June 12, 2009, 18:46
DSA Rep,

I shipped my SA 58 to DSA on 18 March; DSA signed for it on the 21st. I've called twice(at the 2 month mark and today at the 12 week mark). Today I was told that it would be another two weeks (although the CS rep sounded like they were taking a SWAG - scientific wild a_ _ guess).

I have yet to really enjoy the gun and had hoped to get it back this summer (I'm a teacher) before the school year starts but am losing hope.

Based on your knowledge of DSA's repair capability, history and current backlog should I be more hopeful? BTW, the gun shoots horribly low despite my (and others) attempts to adjust the sight (the front sight post was filed down to a nub).

Thanks!

Dave

healedknee
June 14, 2009, 19:27
To All,

Please note that I did not mean to disparage the DSA staff or products. It is my experience that businesses will often give in hindsight turn out to be optimistic (even Polly Anna) service estimates. This is often unintended or well intended (meant to give the customer some hope). I just want a reasonable estimate based on current work load, etc.; I won't contact DSA until then. However, I believe that I should be entitled to more of an explanation than, "we're backlogged". If there is a consensus among the folks who subscribe to this forum that I am being unreasonable, just say so - I'll be more patient. Also, if I should ask to speak with a specific person when I call at the end of Jun, pls. say so. Again, I did not intend to/do not want to "slam" DSA.

Sincerely,

msnyder
June 15, 2009, 02:32
My warranty work took about 6 months. November 2008-April 2009.

jdmcomp
June 15, 2009, 06:35
S&W got my PPKS in early April and last Friday told me to give it a couple of weeks more. Just to replace the safety under recall. Not happy with S&W.