PDA

View Full Version : What cheeck rest works for you?

superjc
June 10, 2009, 22:48
I'm having a hard time deciding which check rest to put on my M1A. I like the polymer black one from Desert Warrior Products, but am worried it will cease to lock tight and slip down. I don't like the look of the padded ones with the tie downs.... and a PSG-1 stock wont fit! What do you have and why do you like it?

M 1928
June 11, 2009, 00:17
Try the
Accu-Riser available at Cabelas!

John Crusher
June 17, 2009, 20:53
I put the lace-on for an M-1 Garand on mine and it works perfect on them. If I decide to take off the scopes all I have to do is unlace. I drilled one of my fiberglas stocks and put screws in where the studs would be to have one for bad weather shooting. The wood stocks are just laced.

plm454
June 18, 2009, 03:40
I have the one sold at Fulton Armory and it really works well.

ByronF
June 21, 2009, 17:24
You need something to move your eye up, or up and to the left? Garand cheekpiece is made for the M1C/D scope setup. I personally would not want it for an M1A because I don't want my head moved left, only up.

I remember some enterprising dude making his own fiberglass M1A cheekpiece several years ago. Seem to recall he wrapped his stock in saran wrap, then laid fiberglass cloth (the woven kind, not the hairy kind) and resin over that, incorporated some 1" webbing between the mesh layers somehow, trimmed to shape, stuffed some foam rubber under it, and it looked pretty good. It only raised the cheek weld. I intend to do it to mine but I took off the scope so who knows if it will ever actually be a priority.

GetGunz
June 21, 2009, 17:46
I have the desert warrior on my Scout M1A. I do have to periodically check the tightness of the thumbwheel nuts to keep the cheek rest from tilting down.