PDA

View Full Version : M14 mags- CMI or National any good?

NC Rifleman
June 10, 2009, 11:57
Anyone have any experience with the CMI or National Magazine brand M14 mags? Looking at a potential trade for some of my FAL mags and want to know if either of those two brands are any good or not. Thanks

tommyjoe
June 10, 2009, 12:32
CMI is the current supplier to the military. They are very good mags.
National mags are not good avoid them.

Ron E Smith
June 10, 2009, 18:35
CMI or Checkmate Industries has been a USGI contractor since 1989. They produced the M9/92 Beretta mags and are currently the only USGI contractor remaining for the M14/M1A mags. Springfield gets their mags from CMI and there has been a true 25rd mag introduced about 14 months ago which has an NSN stock number pending.
Ron

J. Armstrong
June 10, 2009, 19:42
Any identifying features or markings on the CMIs ?

Ron E Smith
June 10, 2009, 19:53
CMI mags can be marked CMI on back spine or left blank. The telltale sign in identifying a CMI mag from its beginning is a horizontal line across the locking lug. If its unmarked on the spine but has the horizontal line on the lug its a CMI.
Ron

J. Armstrong
June 10, 2009, 20:36
Thanks !

NC Rifleman
June 10, 2009, 21:41
Thanks for the info, guess I'll go with the CMI ones then

tonyt
July 06, 2009, 14:42
CMI is Check Mate Industries and they make excellent M14 magazines. They also make excellent 1911 magazines and are OEM supplier to a number of firearm companies. They got a bad rap a few years ago due to some M9 magazines that had issues in the desert. However, it might be a government spec issue too.

Their prices and customer service are excellent and they will sell directly to the public, discounting further to government employees.

I think their product is as good as you can purchase.