PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

FBX1999
May 29, 2009, 10:04
I'd like to suggest that this site create a "Group" on Facebook. I recently joined Facebook, and have joined several 'groups' so for, including Fox Nation and US Navy Submarines. Facebook is a great network. I've made contact with folks I haven't heard from in 30 plus years. If we had a 'group' for FALFiles, it would be a good way to get the word out about this fine weapon and this great forum.

W.E.G.
May 29, 2009, 12:05
Go for it man.

One problem is though, Facebook is kinda picky about requiring you use your true identity when setting up an account.

Lotta folks here like to hide behind the anonymity of a nom de plume like "tailpipe," or "brewswillis" or some other such thing that doesn't directly tie into their true identity. I don't think they'll let "Butt Ranger" register, let alone discuss his conquests and agenda.

Of course, I have a secret list of exactly who everybody here is. :devil:

I don't see Facebook as being a suitable alternative or mirror of the FAL Files.
A Facebook page would be like The High Road lite.

I wish you all the best in your endeavor.
I might even stop by in my "real" capacity.

hagar
May 29, 2009, 12:20
I agree, I would not want the fact that my name is Joe Dumas and I own 6 (or is that 7?) Fal's or L1A1's be public knowledge. Criminals and the guvermunt take note of such things..:sad:

Deltaten
May 29, 2009, 20:39
Why?

shlomo
May 29, 2009, 22:05
Originally posted by hagar
Criminals and the guvermunt take note of such things..:sad:

You forgot to say, "But I repeat myself."

newfalguy101
May 29, 2009, 23:55
Originally posted by W.E.G.
Go for it man.

One problem is though, Facebook is kinda picky about requiring you use your true identity when setting up an account.

Not exactly

I tried to use my first initial and last name, no dice
first name last initial, no dice
first name only, no dice

So I said the heck with it and typed in Idontwannagivemyname............and it took it!!!! :p :rofl: :rofl: :shades:

at'll learn um :D

preston1026
May 30, 2009, 20:18
Originally posted by hagar
I agree, I would not want the fact that my name is Joe Dumas and I own 6 (or is that 7?) Fal's or L1A1's be public knowledge. Criminals and the guvermunt take note of such things..:sad:

You don't have to go into while you are in the group. You could just think he FAL is awesome and have never owned one. I'm on the book and would be down to join a FAL group.

W.E.G.
May 30, 2009, 20:53
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/terms.php?ref=pf

"Registration and Account Security

Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:

1. You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook..."

So you can probably get by with a lot of stuff... until you get caught.

bykerhd
May 30, 2009, 21:51
I'm gonna join up then.
I'll confess my real name is John Kerry. From Mass. Work in government.
Hate Ketchup. Have some nautical background. Own LOTs of shotguns.
Like windsurfing and old chicks with money.
I hope Facebook will give me the welcome I heartily deserve.:rolleyes: