PDA

View Full Version : Speedloader for 329PD

litsnsirn
May 20, 2009, 20:40
I am thinking of a 329PD for my first 44 and I was trying a search on google, but I couldn't find if speedloaders for a model 29 will work in a 329PD. Anyone know if they will?

BUFF
May 20, 2009, 22:18
Yes, they do. HKS makes them, others might.

The 329PD is dimensioned like other N frame S&W's, so hosters and such for the Model 29 will work. The lightweight construction of the 329 is the difference.

And what a difference it is! My 329 kicks harder, with factory 240 grain Magnums, than any handgun I have ever shot that is chambered for non-rifle cartridges. That recoil is RIGHT THERE/RIGHTNOW!!!

I would also suggest that you get a set of rubber grips that S&W puts on their X frame Model 500 series. They have an air pocket in the portion that covers the backstrap of the grip and help out quite a bit.

richbug
June 03, 2009, 06:51
Originally posted by BUFF

And what a difference it is! My 329 kicks harder, with factory 240 grain Magnums, than any handgun I have ever shot that is chambered for non-rifle cartridges. That recoil is RIGHT THERE/RIGHTNOW!!!

Try some 180's, I think they get your attention even worse. I have never shot a rifle caliber handgun that was so brutal.