PDA

View Full Version : WTK/ Hampton Lowers

lysander6
May 04, 2009, 20:54
When will Hampton Lowers be ready for delivery?

DSARep
May 05, 2009, 08:55
I don't have an estimate on that since we are stuck waiting for AR sight parts. All manufacturers of AR components have huge back orders right now.

John

W.E.G.
May 05, 2009, 09:08
Originally posted by DSARep
...since we are stuck waiting for AR sight parts.

John

You should sell them WITHOUT the sights.

DSARep
May 06, 2009, 07:33
I will mention that idea. There is also the Picatinny option for front and rear sights.

John

W.E.G.
May 06, 2009, 08:14
Sell the existing stock without the sight assemblies.

Order up another batch from your manufacturer/supplier.

We can get AR parts anywhere, including strip them off existing guns we aren't shooting. Lotta people rather have ONE FAL with a working Hampton lower, than a third -- or thirteenth -- AR sitting in a safe with a full set of sights.

If you are wondering where are all the AR parts, WE have them.

Led
May 16, 2009, 00:26
What W.E.G. said. I'll take my Hampton lower WITHOUT the sights.

Later,
Stephen

DSARep
May 18, 2009, 07:43
I checked on this and there are manufacturing steps that take place beyond just dropping in the parts. It would not be a do-it-yourself type operation.

John

saltshaker
May 18, 2009, 10:31
Huh?........Hey DSA Nice scope mount... Thanks for the great service again....More bizz soon......Larry....

Led
June 09, 2009, 11:31
What's the latest on the Hampton lowers?? I'm still waiting patiently.

Thanks,
Stephen

MrWithasee
June 27, 2009, 21:33
Originally posted by Led
What's the latest on the Hampton lowers?? I'm still waiting patiently.

Thanks,
Stephen

same hear. last i heard was still waiting on A2 sight parts

MrWithasee
July 16, 2009, 14:47
just got off the phone with DSA about these lowers
same-ole same
waiting on the sights
no ETA on the parts
was told the military is soaking up all the A2 sight parts

this is getting into the "this sucks" neighborhood

W.E.G.
July 16, 2009, 15:47
Yeah right, the military is hogging-up all the A2 rear sight parts.

I thought the military wasn't even putting A2 sights on most of the guns
the are getting now.

With most of the mouseguns going to the military now being "M4" variety,
I thought the "standard" rear sight on the M4 these days was the Matech flip-up thingy.

Is the military ordering ANY guns with A2 rear sights anymore?

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/rifle%20pics/matech.jpg

MrWithasee
July 16, 2009, 16:00
well i'm glad you confirmed exactly what i was thinking. seemed like a load of crap to me but i wasn't 100% certain of it and didn't want to look like a fool.

John, i know you don't have direct availability info and refer us to call DSA direct on this sort of stuff but there has to be someone you can contact there and find out what the hell is going on with these A2 Hampton lowers. you certainly have some contacts @ DSA who could shed some light on the issue.

I mean come on, i don't want to sound like a PIA but the guys on this board spend a shit load of cash with DSA - and want to spend more.

Can someone throw us a bone here?

W.E.G.
July 16, 2009, 20:48
I don't doubt that SOMEBODY is hogging up all the A2 sight parts.

I just don't think its the military.

The market is FLOODED with AR-type rifles. We are easily at pre-Obama prices on AR-type guns, with the exception of the jerk who tried to sell me a Colt 6940 for $1900 when they are all over Gunbroker for $500 less than that. Pretty desperate move on his part if you ask me.

People have stopped buying AR-type guns except for the ones now sold at pre-Obama prices, and then there is a slight bump in sales just because people, who quit buying guns during the Obama-panic, are now rewarding themselves for their patience during the panic.

There will be a TON of AR parts available for cheap any day now.

That doesn't mean whatever the issue is with the Hampton lowers will be resolved. But, one thing is for sure, the issue will NOT be the unavailability of A2 rear sight parts.

Not only that, the people, who aren't really shooters or gunnys, who paid stupid prices for AR's will be soon dumping their impulse purchases at fire sale prices as unemployment numbers percolate along. The real question is, will any of us have the disposable income to take advantage of it.

If DSA wants us to buy the Hampton lowers, they do need to hurry it up. A lot of our wallets haven't been getting any thicker lately.

MrWithasee
July 19, 2009, 11:44
John

DSARep
July 22, 2009, 09:32
The latest info is 3 weeks out. Parts are in, they are being assembled. I will post here if I have any further updates. My communications with DSA are slow right now because management are tied up with some military projects.

John

MrWithasee
July 22, 2009, 15:05
thank you, thank you, thank you

i understand they have a lot going on (you as well)
its just that the only thing worse than no information is information that doesn't make any sense - IE the military is buying up all the A2 rear sights

MrWithasee
August 17, 2009, 21:10
4 weeks since estimate and patiently waiting

called DSA today. no change in the response - still waiting on the A2 sights.
this is getting ridiculous

DSARep
August 29, 2009, 09:14
Hamptons are shipping at this time. Please call for the status on your particular orders.

Thank you!

John

MrWithasee
August 29, 2009, 11:46
:bow:

MrWithasee
September 09, 2009, 14:58
has anyone gotten their hampton lower delivered yet?

i just called DSA to check on the shipping status.
the gal who helped confirmed what John said
she also checked my order number and said she would send it out right away.

MrWithasee
September 11, 2009, 16:39
mine is on the way. they sent me a shipping note right after i called them.
give them a ring like i did and simply inquire about your shipping status because John told you they were in

MrWithasee
September 23, 2009, 23:03
hampton lower arrived today
very glad to see it on the front porch

one small little problem - the pistol grip screw was missing from the shipment.
no worries, though. called jessica at DSA (she knows me by name after this hampton order). long story short, they are sending it out asap.

DSARep
September 24, 2009, 07:56
I am glad they are getting you fixed up. Hopefully the Hamptons will stay in stock now.

Thank you!

John

Dolvio
September 29, 2009, 16:19
I called yesterday and they said they were out of stock? :|

MrWithasee
September 29, 2009, 18:26
did you have an order already in with them?
chances are, anything hey got in stock immediatly went out the door to fill the backordered hamptons